What am I striking for?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ASADriver said:
This is why some of us don't trust ALPA. The current proposal DOES NOT GIVE ME A MINIMUM 10% PAYCUT. That is a LIE! The union's option may give me a 100% paycut. Quit lying ALPA!

You go look at your last paycheck and see what percentage of YTD Underblock is vs your total pay. I bet it is somewhere around 10%, unless you are one of those guys that can somehow make a CSG leg into 3 hours. For most of the pilot group, loss of premium, WHICH IS IN THE COMPANIES PROPOSAL, would result in about a 10% paycut. Then, add in only getting 50% of any deadheading that you do. You really need to educate yourself on what the companies proposal is before you open your mouth. Now quit calling me a liar idiot.

ASADriver said:
You've done more attacking than answering of questions and debating issues. That won't get us anywhere. We need to see the current offer in PRINT so that we can make an informed decision.

Ok, so telling you you're wrong is attacking? What information would you like to hear? Is there anything that will make YOU stop ATTACKING the union and your fellow pilots?

Pot calling the kettle black?

As for the current offer in print, I don't think either side has released it. Go ask management or our MEC.

I choose to believe what the union I pay to represent me is saying. I choose to disbelieve what management, representing their own interests says. To each his own!

atrdriver said:
You go look at your last paycheck and see what percentage of YTD Underblock is vs your total pay. I bet it is somewhere around 10%, unless you are one of those guys that can somehow make a CSG leg into 3 hours. For most of the pilot group, loss of premium, WHICH IS IN THE COMPANIES PROPOSAL, would result in about a 10% paycut. Then, add in only getting 50% of any deadheading that you do. You really need to educate yourself on what the companies proposal is before you open your mouth. Now quit calling me a liar idiot.

That isn't accurate atr, most of the underblock pay would be replaced by managements proposal of block or better. In other words if you came in early you would get credit up to block. For most of us it would be the same. People under guarantee (reserve, naps) would be the only ones who lose money.

The DH pay is current book 100%. Go look at MyContract - you have to look at the Feb. package proposal, but it accepts 100%DH, raises sick time accrue, and raises per diem.

The total package would be a payraise for me as a line holder on the 50.

This information should be in all of our hands before we vote. Is that too much to ask?

John Pennekamp said:
Ok, so telling you you're wrong is attacking? What information would you like to hear? Is there anything that will make YOU stop ATTACKING the union and your fellow pilots?

Pot calling the kettle black?

As for the current offer in print, I don't think either side has released it. Go ask management or our MEC.

I choose to believe what the union I pay to represent me is saying. I choose to disbelieve what management, representing their own interests says. To each his own!

I believe information when I actually see it. I went to the companies contract side and found that the 50% DH pay that P2P are saying is not true. The Feb. package proposal raised that to 100%.

I'm not attacking, I am simply asking for ALPA to give me accurate information. I am not paying ALPA to not tell me the truth or to withold information.

As I see it, as currently proposed, I would get a small raise on the 50 and would have a better QOL with the scheduling improvements that have already been TAd.

ASADriver said:
People under guarantee (reserve, naps) would be the only ones who lose money.

Has the thought occured to you that management would proceed to keep EVERYONE at or below guarantee if we agreed to that?

ASADriver said:
I believe information when I actually see it. I went to the companies contract side and found that the 50% DH pay that P2P are saying is not true. The Feb. package proposal raised that to 100%.

I'm not attacking, I am simply asking for ALPA to give me accurate information. I am not paying ALPA to not tell me the truth or to withold information.

As I see it, as currently proposed, I would get a small raise on the 50 and would have a better QOL with the scheduling improvements that have already been TAd.

Sounds to me like you're well versed on the COMPANY side of the story since you keep quoting MANAGEMENT SPONSORED sources. Have you made the effort to get the union's side? Have you discussed it withyour rep, MEC chairman, or CNC chairman? Email them if you want the scoop... they're very accessible. Make the effort.

There are two sides to every story, and the truth is somewhere in between. You history at flightinfo has shown a very strong management bias. Get both sides of the story before YOU decide what the truth is.

John Pennekamp said:
Has the thought occured to you that management would proceed to keep EVERYONE at or below guarantee if we agreed to that?

That's absurd! Why would they want to build lines to only 75 hours? That would require more pilots and would raise their costs. They will want to get as much out of us as they can. With a min. day which is probably doable, a 75 hour line will mean more time off which is fine with me also - their choice.

ASADriver said:
That's absurd! Why would they want to build lines to only 75 hours? That would require more pilots and would raise their costs. They will want to get as much out of us as they can. With a min. day which is probably doable, a 75 hour line will mean more time off which is fine with me also - their choice.

Yeah more new pilots at $19 per hour, and less high paid senior FOs like yourself making over block. It makes perfect sense.

John Pennekamp said:
Sounds to me like you're well versed on the COMPANY side of the story since you keep quoting MANAGEMENT SPONSORED sources. Have you made the effort to get the union's side? Have you discussed it withyour rep, MEC chairman, or CNC chairman? Email them if you want the scoop... they're very accessible. Make the effort.

There are two sides to every story, and the truth is somewhere in between. You history at flightinfo has shown a very strong management bias. Get both sides of the story before YOU decide what the truth is.

I have gotten both sides and they don't agree. The management side is in print on the mycontract. You can see the ACTUAL agreements. It says in black and white that the company accepts 100% DH. It says the underblock is replaced by block or better. It shows increased per diem, it shows increased sick accrual. It shows scheduling improvements that will help me today if we can just wrap this up. If ALPA feels that the information is inaccurate, then show us in writing where it is inaccurate. Don't tell me to go find a P2P rep. because I have already done that and they have told me that the company is proposing 50% which isn't correct.

ASADriver said:
That isn't accurate atr, most of the underblock pay would be replaced by managements proposal of block or better. In other words if you came in early you would get credit up to block. For most of us it would be the same. People under guarantee (reserve, naps) would be the only ones who lose money.

The DH pay is current book 100%. Go look at MyContract - you have to look at the Feb. package proposal, but it accepts 100%DH, raises sick time accrue, and raises per diem.

The total package would be a payraise for me as a line holder on the 50.

This information should be in all of our hands before we vote. Is that too much to ask?

You are incorrect. Managements proposal of block or better would only allow a line to be paid what it is blocked. Our current book premium is paid on a leg by leg basis and is paid on top of guarantee. I can do the math for you or you can do it yourself, but our current book is better than what the company is proposing. And currently the company is at 50% DH pay. I don't care what asacontract.com says, I care what the company negotiators have put on the table. Again, you need to do your research. I have, it is obvious that you have not.

Latest resources

Back