What am I striking for?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
av8tor4239 said:

Also remember that every other employee group at ASA is getting PROFIT sharing checks and ontime bonuses except for the union represented labor.... So if we are so bad off and the PROFITS are not there, Where in the hell is this PROFIT sharing money coming from?

ALPA has not been receptive to profit sharing and performance bonuses. That is why we don't have it.

ATRDriver, this should be easy enough to clear up. Is section 8 TA'd. If so, what is the DH pay? It is unclear from the union updates. The open item list doesn't mention section 8 at all. However nothing says it is TAd either. While there are lots of things to debate, this shouldn't be one of them. Either it is settled or it isn't. Neither side of this debate should be able to spin this simple question.

av8er2 said:
We mean nothing and it bothers me to come to work for a company that really doesn't care about the pilots.

Whoa, bro if that is the case, you better just hold out for SWA because
THAT IS THE ONLY PLACE THAT REMOTELY GIVES A CRAP ABOUT IT'S PILOTS! I hate to say it but that criteria has long gone to the bottom of my priority list. Good luck.

~~~^~~~ said:
We need to begin thinking about who we want for a Captain's Rep to replace Newie following his promotion. Hopefully we can get someone of his caliber, because he really has done an excellent job.

Hey Fins, have you considered the position? I think your intelligence, insight, and capacity for logical thought have not been surpassed, at least on this board.

We could have a write-in campaign on flightinfo for Fins for ASA Captain's Rep. Of course you would have to wear a parrot head during union meetings to keep your identity secret.
:beer:

JoeMerchant said:
ATRDriver, this should be easy enough to clear up. Is section 8 TA'd. If so, what is the DH pay? It is unclear from the union updates. The open item list doesn't mention section 8 at all. However nothing says it is TAd either. While there are lots of things to debate, this shouldn't be one of them. Either it is settled or it isn't. Neither side of this debate should be able to spin this simple question.

Well Joe, according to ASACONTRACT.COM the company proposal still shows 50% DH pay. 100% is scratched through, and 50% is underlined. It also does not show anything as "matched". I would point out to you as well that the ALPA summary has a disclaimer at the bottom that basically states that just the highlights (or lowlights) are shown, and that the summary does not represent all that is being discussed.

ALPA Open Issue List

Deadhead is not listed as an issue since ALPA is happy with current book. Only issues raised by ALPA are listed on the open issue list. Company issues are not listed.

JoeMerchant said:
ALPA has not been receptive to profit sharing and performance bonuses. That is why we don't have it.

I don't think the ASA MEC is against the above. I do however think that they are against the above as a way to make up money lost via a pay cut.

What kind of bonuses are the rampers, gate agents, etc. getting since the inception of that program? Are they genuinely impressed and satisfied? Being the nature of the beast ATL is, I can't imagine that it is significant.

Certainly, from the pilots perspective, there is no way a program like that will be acceptable in lieu of a paycut. As if Mgmt. is in a giving spirit anyway.

JoeMerchant said:

I believe that the reason that we don't have it is because the company has not offered it to us as of yet. I know for a fact that was the case as of 2 months ago.

:rolleyes:ATR, you might as well save your breathe. You will NEVER convince those guys, so why waste your time. It would not matter if Joe, EMB, ATL or anyone else for that matter, had that information, they would STILL try and find something wrong! They will be happy when we are on STRIKE!!! They will most likely cross the picket line!

Latest resources

Back