What am I striking for?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JoeMerchant said:
Since certain members of our MEC and CNC don't believe we can bind the holding company per advice from ALPA national, what are our options? Even if you do bind the holding company, we still have to compete with our fellow "brothers" at other ALPA and Teamsters carriers, including mainline pilots who are underbidding us. In theory, I agree with you. In reality, I don't see many options anymore. Time for a plan B, but I'm not sure we even know what plan A is.

Certain members? Flat out lie.

I've recently talked to ALL of the MEC reps and what they said doesn't back up your statement. In fact, John Rice, CNC chairman, specifically told me we won't leave the table without scope that binds Skywest Inc, as directed by the MEC.

More anti-ALPA lies, John. Keep it up.

John Pennekamp said:
Certain members? Flat out lie.

I've recently talked to ALL of the MEC reps and what they said doesn't back up your statement. In fact, John Rice, CNC chairman, specifically told me we won't leave the table without scope that binds Skywest Inc, as directed by the MEC.

More anti-ALPA lies, John. Keep it up.

WF has told me that we cannot and are not seeking a single list. The "advice" from ALPA national is that it cannot be achieved. That is an outright lie, as CHQ, MESA, and EGL all did it as part of section 6 contract negotiations. TSA is trying to do it right now with *************************s, although they aren't in section 6 negotiations and don't have much leverage.

atrdriver said:
That is a package deal that the company has proposed. I don't believe that ALPA has agreed to it yet. Without the package deal the companies proposal is still 50% as I understand it. You are on the MEC Joe, you should be able to get whatever information you want to see. Unlike you, I have to call someone on the CNC to get information.

The company proposal is 100%. You are getting incorrect information. What else isn't correct?

JoeMerchant said:
The company proposal is 100%. You are getting incorrect information. What else isn't correct?

Why would you say the Company is 100% truthful and our MEC is not. Smells of Koolaid.

Bottom Line: A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Why would we take a pay cut in exchange for empty pie-in-the-sky promises of a chicken in every pot and upgrades for everyone? If it isn't written in the contract, don't consider it when you vote.

Yes to the strike ballot.

blueridge71 said:
Bottom Line: A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Why would we take a pay cut in exchange for empty pie-in-the-sky promises of a chicken in every pot and upgrades for everyone? If it isn't written in the contract, don't consider it when you vote.

Yes to the strike ballot.

Ironically, even if it is written into the contract, it might not be worth much. See Comair.

JustaNumber said:
Ironically, even if it is written into the contract, it might not be worth much. See Comair.

Comair is in Chapter 11. Contracts can legally be voided. Apples to Oranges.

atlcrashpad said:
Comair is in Chapter 11. Contracts can legally be voided. Apples to Oranges.

Yes they can, but it hasn't been. And they still haven't seen any growth.

ASADriver said:
That isn't accurate atr, most of the underblock pay would be replaced by managements proposal of block or better. In other words if you came in early you would get credit up to block. For most of us it would be the same. People under guarantee (reserve, naps) would be the only ones who lose money.

The DH pay is current book 100%. Go look at MyContract - you have to look at the Feb. package proposal, but it accepts 100%DH, raises sick time accrue, and raises per diem.

The total package would be a payraise for me as a line holder on the 50.

This information should be in all of our hands before we vote. Is that too much to ask?
You are not totally right either. Underblock and or block or better is not the key. The key is management's wanting to get rid of LEG BY LEG basis. This makes all the diference.

Latest resources

Back