What am I striking for?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tim47SIP said:
Good luck you guys, I hope that the communication channels between the pilot group and the MEC are up and running!

Based on several pages of posts it is clearly evident that this is not the case. I haven't talked with anyone that has a clear view of what really is going on. This whole process is simply amazing to me. Good luck to all. we are going to need it.

It seems like a total Charlie Foxtrot to me.

John Pennekamp said:
I love how flightinfo brings all of the naysayers our of the woodwork. To read this forum, you would think all but of a handful of pilots are against our "runaway MEC". No wonder management is so empowered to cut our pay, speak ill about our union, and most importantly, in no hurry to settle the contract!

Unfortunately, this forum has no basis in fact.

Due to its anonymous nature, the naysayers my not even work at ASA. They may not be pilots. We have no way to know.

So just let the naysayers of flightinfo nay. The vast majority of pilots (90%+ according to the MEC polling) support the MEC and its negotiating goals. Those sounding off here do it out of cowardice and desperation because they would get the smackdown in the crew lounge if they spoke out. Let management think they have the pilots support, since they read this forum. The joke will be on them.

Lots of people in the airport say pro union stuff because that is the thing to do. Look how people jump all over you when you try to bring up a point that does not go with the union agenda on the boards. What do you think would happen if you said it at the airport would people listen or just shut you down?.

As for the Wilson polling I have done that survey 3 times and it is the same one. All the questions are designed to get you to say you want a strike. They ask which of the following goals will you strike for and then list several items from the original contract goals vs. are there any items you will strike for. It does not ask you if based on the current items that have been TA'ed and ASA's final offer for the open sections being xyz do you want to strike".

The poll may show 90% support of the MEC goals but when was that poll taken, things are changing all the time. What are the MEC's goals? I don't think the MEC released a document listing all the improvements that they have so far and listing the details of what the company is offering for the open sections. How can you vote to strike with out that information?

EMB to CRJ said:
Lots of people in the airport say pro union stuff because that is the thing to do. Look how people jump all over you when you try to bring up a point that does not go with the union agenda on the boards. What do you think would happen if you said it at the airport would people listen or just shut you down?.

As for the Wilson polling I have done that survey 3 times and it is the same one. All the questions are designed to get you to say you want a strike. They ask which of the following goals will you strike for and then list several items from the original contract goals vs. are there any items you will strike for. It does not ask you if based on the current items that have been TA'ed and ASA's final offer for the open sections being xyz do you want to strike".

The poll may show 90% support of the MEC goals but when was that poll taken, things are changing all the time. What are the MEC's goals? I don't think the MEC released a document listing all the improvements that they have so far and listing the details of what the company is offering for the open sections. How can you vote to strike with out that information?

Or maybe everyone just jumps on you because they disagree with you? Yeah it's an ALPA conspiracy!

John Pennekamp said:
Or maybe everyone just jumps on you because they disagree with you? Yeah it's an ALPA conspiracy!

John, instead of attacking everyone, why don't you put the GD proposals out ON PAPER so that we can make informed decisions. This communication with P2P isn't cutting it.

atrdriver said:
Yep, we did. And now they want to cut that amount by a minimum of 10% for EVERY PILOT HERE. More for some. Sorry, that is not acceptable to me. Actually I'm not sorry. It's not acceptable. I love flying, and I actually like doing it for ASA. I don't, however, like doing it for a management "team" that is so far removed from reality that they actually think they are the reason behind the companies success.

Where did you see this 10% pay cut for every one. The last email I got from the untion showed the company wanted no change for most people and a cut on the 700 and a small 2% or so raise for the 200 left seat.

ASADriver said:
John, instead of attacking everyone, why don't you put the GD proposals out ON PAPER so that we can make informed decisions. This communication with P2P isn't cutting it.

If debate is attacking you, then I guess the attacks would end if I agreed with you? Maybe because I'm not on the MEC? Maybe YOU should take some responsibility and go see your rep?

ASADriver said:

I've asked this before, but how do you ID a P2P member? Do they have a secret lapel pin or something?

I agree, it's not a seemingly effective communication channel, with different interpretations and no consistency, let alone the fact I can't ID them.

I'm still voting yes though, but pay me well and watch me go the extra mile.

14 RF SUX

14RF SUX said:
I've asked this before, but how do you ID a P2P member? Do they have a secret lapel pin or something?

I agree, it's not a seemingly effective communication channel, with different interpretations and no consistency, let alone the fact I can't ID them.

I'm still voting yes though, but pay me well and watch me go the extra mile.

14 RF SUX

They have a red ALPA pin. I agree with you that it isn't the best way to communicate.

John Pennekamp said:
If debate is attacking you, then I guess the attacks would end if I agreed with you? Maybe because I'm not on the MEC? Maybe YOU should take some responsibility and go see your rep?

You've done more attacking than answering of questions and debating issues. That won't get us anywhere. We need to see the current offer in PRINT so that we can make an informed decision.

EMB to CRJ said:
Where did you see this 10% pay cut for every one. The last email I got from the untion showed the company wanted no change for most people and a cut on the 700 and a small 2% or so raise for the 200 left seat.

That is just the payrate. They also propose to eliminate premium pay. That, for most pilots here, is about 10% or more of their total pay. Look at your last paycheck and see what "Underblock" YTD is vs your total pay. You need to get educated on what the company is proposing before you decide that it is a great deal.

Latest resources

Back