• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Well, today was the day

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Individual airport authorities determine the level of screening required for on duty crew members and airport employees, NOT the TSA. Go complain to the airport manager if you don't like the Security experience. Not that it will do any good. Of course, please don't try anything stupid at the airports that require no screening at all... So few of them left!

On a side note. Just passed through Baltimore crewpass and it took me longer to get through security than the flight attendant... I think the lesson is "don't give technology to imbeciles. It undermines any possible increased efficiency...."

I don't understand why we the pilots who have FBI background checks and have access to the most dangerous " weapon" need to go through anything more than the metal dectors.
We don't even have to go through the metal detectors. In fact, the TSA doesn't require crewmembers to go through the bag check security line at all. But since everyone has to screened in some way, they do need an alternative if we don't. FFDOs, LAS, and SIDA badges are all examples of allowed alternatives. However, if the airport does not provide the allowed alternative, then bag-check security is the only place to go.

Blame first the airports and even more the cheap airlines that could get the airports to provide one of the allowed alternatives for a price.

Blame second ALPA for not using part of the 100s of millions of dollars we send them to lobby for and demand crewpass.

The only quick solution would be for 60 Minutes to run an expose showing how ridiculous and shameful it is for crewmembers to "cut" in front of first class passengers, handicapped, the elderly, and just normal people who had to show up at the airport two hours early; all because the airlines are too darn cheap to treat their passengers with some simple respect. The resulting shame and passenger-bill-of-rights type drill might fix it.

The long solution is to wait until you're 65 and retire.

Last edited:
At some point our credentials and uniform are good enough to get us into the cockpit of an airliner and actually lock the door from the business end with many, many people behind us who REALLY don't know who we are. That trust in us should extend to the front door of the airport. I have NO problem showing my airline ID card to someone in authority, but once they clear me THAT SHOULD BE IT!!! The trust in me should start then, no screening, no metal detectors, nothing! The maintenance van outside my jet has many types of "weapons" I could choose from or I could have all the flamable liquid I want in the form of Jet A. If TSA trusts me to be around that stuff while on my walkaround then what's the point of trying to stop me from bringing that stuff through security?

We have to figure this out!

Last edited:
There is a Ben Franklin Quote out there that sums this up perfectly.

Actually Sam Adams does a pretty nice job...

[FONT=bookman old style, new york, times, serif]"No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and Virtue is preserved. On the contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders"[/FONT]
-Samuel Adams-

Dude quit causing trouble, we have grunt people just trying to do what they are told. This is the best we have right now to keep us alive. Who gives a shat, go through the scanner. You are barking up the wrong tree. If you really care talk to your congressman and write the TSA. Don't take it out on the airport workers, they didn't write the rules. As a pilot you should know that better than anyone.
I'm betting if you were on the Delta flight on Christmas you would feel different about the inconvenience. If it helps keep the people who are trying to kill everyone off our flights, giddy up. Go through the motions and quit causing trouble for the rest of us. Or you all can continue with your change the world, naive, childish rants.

Monster Buck either took the blue pill or is still asleep in the Matrix.

The red pill... www.infowars.com because there's a war on for your mind.

WAKE UP MONSTER BUCK!

Terrorism has to be the most over blown "threat" to this country ever made up. Solar refraction almost sent the Soviet Union to the brink of annihilating us, but because of 4 airliners we turn into the biggest wusses on the planet? Franklin's quote is so right in this time and age. Republicans and Democrats signed over our Constitutional rights through various measures (including the Patriot Act) in the name of "safety". We lap all this up, while companies and their lobbyists make money by selling these stupid scanners. It amazes me how frightened we are of Iran getting one nuke, when we grew up with an enemy who had thousands of them.

Kudos to standing up for your Constitutional rights (to the OP). EVERY government official (including the TSA) SWORE AN OATH TO DEFEND THAT DOCUMENT (not this country or its people).

Look in the mirror, we are Rome. History is repeating itself.

You talked too much. If your intention was to not enter the facility based on what you had to go through, you should have shut your mouth except for these words: Am I Free To Go?

Latest resources

Back