• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I like the Latin quote at the bottom:

Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium
"I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery."

Screening pilots in the same manner as passengers is a waste of resourses. Why frisk me, take my nail clippers then put me in the pointing end of the jet. Makes no sense.

The issue with pilots is not what we have in our bag, it's a question of identification..."are we who we say we are?"

So develop some sort of fail safe ID, retina scan or some other means of foolproof identification and skip the bag searching nonsense.

Besides has the TSA ever identified 1 single terrorist prior to him boarding an aircraft?

Monster Buck either took the blue pill or is still asleep in the Matrix.

The red pill... www.infowars.com because there's a war on for your mind.

WAKE UP MONSTER BUCK!

Infowars.com.....a website that perpetuates the Chemtrail conspiracy or the "911 Was an Inside Job" BS. Oh yeah, this site screams credibility!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
SpatialD, you're like Rosa Parks! :beer:

I hope that all turns out well for you.

well, i am with you on this one....screening pilots is a joke and actually detracts from screening since it wastes time. since a pilot does need a weapon of any sort to cause damage, how do you screen the pilot? we know the tsa is a joke and the tsa knows we know they are a joke, so they like to harass us.

The screwed up part of all this....Flight crews go thru security and yet when I go to work at JFK(jetblue) the Airport Ops guys can bypass security and go right to the ramp....
I still cant figure out how they are allowed to bypass and then go to work loading bags on a plane and yet I have to "pull out my laptop" all the damn time........
Its annoying....

TSA's purpose with uniformed crew members is not to find out if have anything illegal or dangerous, it is to find out if you are submissive to their authority.

What TSA does in regard to security is all show business.

The fact is that we are further down the road to fascism than any of us care to believe.

Last edited:
Your best bet for fighting it would be the ACLU, obviously. But even they aren't taking on this one from what I can tell.

It's hard to accept the new reality of how much "civil liberty" we give up at airports in the post 9-11 world. I don't blame you for drawing a line, but my gut tells me you're eventually going to have to decide between your career and your civil liberty principles.

Call me "Brainwashed", but if the AITs stop one terrorist act in my lifetime, then all the screenings were worth it.

The "where will the line be drawn" argument is moot. We can fight new technologies as they emerge, and if a true consensus agrees it's gone too far, it can be halted right then and there. (the robot anal probe machine). The consensus agrees (at least tacitly) that this is not too great a breach of our liberties based on the benefit we receive.

Good luck to you though, that sounded like a really crappy day.

The ACLU? You're kidding right?

It is obvious that CrewPass is the only answer to this situation. Maybe another solution would be the implementation of a Standard National ID. We can't really train the TSA guys into recognizing the 30something airline IDs around the country. Maybe that way we can avoid having to wear the uniform just to save our tooth paste...

Until then, say no to the scanner but comply with the secondary... And tell the Fa's not to f*ck up by bringing illegal substances through. It just fuels the opposition against us...

I'm really sad that Delta hired you. And a little surprised.

However, they did hire a bunch of pretty questionable people in 07/08. Around your time, maybe?

Its really sad that Delta wouldn't hire you. Not surprised. However you got on anyway with the merger right?

Latest resources

Back