• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Well, today was the day

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The TSA sees us as part of the problem and not as part of the solution.

I always opt out of that naked Xray machine. Believe me, the TSA agents would rather not have to frisk you as much as you don't want to be frisked. They are just people too. If enough people opt out, they will realize it's pointless.

One of them asked me why I didn't want to go through the machine and I told him it's pointless to have pilots go through security in the first place. He agreed and told me to have my union do something about it. I told him they are trying, and CASS is in a few airports already, but its moving at a glacial pace.

So yes, they are just doing their job...but then again it is definitely our right to refuse whatever "screening" they want us to do, but we may be denied access to the airport. I'd rather fly to work than drive, so I submit to as little security as I can to get through.

The sooner this country realizes that nothing can be made 100% lunatic-proof,
I think the biggest physical improvement that was made is the bullet proof cockpit door. Besides, if some lunatic America-hater blows himself up while sitting in a window seat I highly doubt that he's going to crash the plane. Freight DC-8s can fly with the cargo door open, 737 without ceilings etc. Additionally, pax are much more vigilant then pre-9/11.

Last edited:
If you're that sick of the TSA, then become an FFDO. The shoe thing isn't new and everyone with half a brain knew those new xray machines are coming.

I am with you. I do not go through the scanners for a multiple of reasons. Thank you for taking a stand.

The irony of all this is that at many locations, typically at home-base, crews can bypass security and go directly to operations WITHOUT passing through security at all!

I'm still waiting for someone to brief me on what the TSA actually does that enhances safety.

TSA's purpose with uniformed crew members is not to find out if have anything illegal or dangerous, it is to find out if you are submissive to their authority.

If they think that you are not, the games begin.

Best post I've ever read regarding the TSA.

I always said that TSA staffing is made up of nothing more but BurgerKing and TacoHell graduates.. i mean really, what requirements are there for TSA agents- NONE. They even hire people with 'light criminal backgrounds.' When these imbeciles go on their power trips and we end up paying for it going thru security..

im sorry you had such bad experience..
i would get a lawyer on this one..

THAT! This is my primary concern and why I do not just accept and play along.

Moreover, the Israeli's opinion of the TSA security regimen is that we don't have one. We have a harassment system is all. It is totally reactive in nature and, as far as I can tell, has no advanced behavioral profiling, which is the most effective means of preventing attacks.

TSA - Thousands Standing Around

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back