• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Well, today was the day

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Exactly. If everyone refuses the body-scan, the lines will be backed up out the door, and the program will die on the vine.

One thing the supervisor did state when I talked to him, with my stand off with not going through the nakid monitor, was that there was a big push from above to use these machines, as A LOT of money had been spent on them. The must be shown as being used, and successful in their deployment. The numbers must show this, so those up top can pat themselves on the back at another successful goat rope....

"Really nothing changed", Really? You must have missed the new TSA memo that now require a check of your genital during pat down. You maybe ok with some dude feeling your P-U-S-S-Y but I'm not ok with some dude checking out my cock.

Some dude like instructordude?

So, he was just on TV. A little embarrasing I thought. They had to cut him off while he was talking about "having a good time with this"...

I just sent my pregnant wife off yesterday and told her to refuse the scanner. Her pad-down took 15secs and was no different than when my damn uniform pants keep on beeping.

I agree with refusing the scanner, but I have no problem with secondary screening. The only reason he keeps giving for this is that it is "outrageous!". Clearly a weak argument.
He may just have thrown his whole career after 4 years at XpressJet...

To those that agree with him, can you explain me how the current security policies at the airport are an abuse of your personal freedom? Even though I'd like to skip the whole thing as a crewmember, there is just no provision for a positive identification of such (Save the snail-like moving CrewPass program...).

CrewPass has been ready to go for months. The only problem is CrewPass is an airline funded program. So far the only airline to step up and agree to pay is Alaska. Until airlines see some financial or other gain, ie on time performance, from CrewPass they will continue to not see a need for it.

To those that agree with him, can you explain me how the current security policies at the airport are an abuse of your personal freedom? Even though I'd like to skip the whole thing as a crewmember, there is just no provision for a positive identification of such (Save the snail-like moving CrewPass program...).

In American society, most people have an issue with having their genitals and breasts (women) inspected or touched. If you disagree, you should go to the supermarket, find a nice looking man or woman in the produce aisle, walk up and touch their genitals. Let us know how it goes. Most of us wear opaque clothing with the expectation that those body parts remain hidden from view and touch. Therefore, when the TSA says that you must reveal those parts of your body, people in this society have a tendency to find that objectionable. If it were not for the Patriot Act, the principle of those machines do violate the 4th Amendment and judicial precedence on the use of strip searches.

Your best bet for fighting it would be the ACLU, obviously. But even they aren't taking on this one from what I can tell.

It's hard to accept the new reality of how much "civil liberty" we give up at airports in the post 9-11 world. I don't blame you for drawing a line, but my gut tells me you're eventually going to have to decide between your career and your civil liberty principles.

Call me "Brainwashed", but if the AITs stop one terrorist act in my lifetime, then all the screenings were worth it.

The "where will the line be drawn" argument is moot. We can fight new technologies as they emerge, and if a true consensus agrees it's gone too far, it can be halted right then and there. (the robot anal probe machine). The consensus agrees (at least tacitly) that this is not too great a breach of our liberties based on the benefit we receive.

Good luck to you though, that sounded like a really crappy day.

Brainwashed. Seek electro-shock treatment. You are temporarily insane.

I wonder what comparisons were made in 1930's Germany. Those opinions were dismissed as ludicrous then too. Not long after that, total gun control was complete, the Reich took over health care and dictated over every business - for the good of the people of course. What constitutional rights the people had were gone. After that, you were deemed to be a danger to society if you had the wrong name, said anything contrary to the regime or were merely accused you of being contrary by ANYONE. THEN, those posing a "danger" were sent to reeducation camps - many of whom didn't come back.

Then, as now, Hitler, et al., didn't force their way into power, They were supported by masses who want Hope, Change, and Safety. Well, they got their wish, didn't they.

Is that why you're hiding behind someone else's picture??

Latest resources

Back