• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Well, there's about 1,000 more on the street

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Plenty are cashing in. All of the OPF went away first thing this morning, not that I blame anyone.

Sad, sad day. I will never ship on DHL again. (probably won't even be an option in a year or two anyways)

Heard today that Boeing corporate has told the employees not to use DHL anymore, I'm sure the first of many.

I would love to wake up tomorrow, turn on CNBC and watch the headline, DHL shutdown. They deserve it, hete deserves it and everyone else of those management F(#%ks. Im sick of the worker always getting screwed.

******************** yeah!!! Burn this mother down!!!

Plenty are cashing in. All of the OPF went away first thing this morning, not that I blame anyone.

Yeah these are the same rocket scientist that think getting an extra 4.5 hr on a trip is going to save their toys. There job is gone and they are trying to bank a few dollars to make the payment on the jet ski last longer. I have accepted my fate the house will go up as soon as I fix a few paint marks and drywall holes. I plan on downsizing to my future estimated income of about 1/2 of what I make now.

Our best chance of any success is to join together with Astar, the Daz, Joe and APA and give Dhl an ultimatum. If they want one airline spell out how to give them one, if they need cost cutting figure it out. I do not see how UPS is going to do the same job cheaper than we do it now, 1.75% is pretty damn cheap. I bet even Astar is willing to give a little wiggle room to make it happen. If Dhl says no, then why wait 12-18 months to die on the vine.

Has no analyst said this is a stupid move, giving your biggest competitor who has more money, more management skill and more success the ability to kill you.........

I must be a dumb pilot cuz I missed that day in business class.

Wow glad I passed at ATI, sounds like you guys are right in line to take over some or most of ATI's BAX Global work. Sounds like they (ATI) are going to get the big time shaft probably, from you guy's. Like the old saying "$^it flows downhill"

Flying will always move down the payscale. Unless all the planets re-align and karma is reborn etc etc.

You speak the Truth Bro!

Yeah these are the same rocket scientist that think getting an extra 4.5 hr on a trip is going to save their toys. There job is gone and they are trying to bank a few dollars to make the payment on the jet ski last longer. I have accepted my fate the house will go up as soon as I fix a few paint marks and drywall holes. I plan on downsizing to my future estimated income of about 1/2 of what I make now.

Our best chance of any success is to join together with Astar, the Daz, Joe and APA and give Dhl an ultimatum. If they want one airline spell out how to give them one, if they need cost cutting figure it out. I do not see how UPS is going to do the same job cheaper than we do it now, 1.75% is pretty damn cheap. I bet even Astar is willing to give a little wiggle room to make it happen. If Dhl says no, then why wait 12-18 months to die on the vine.

Has no analyst said this is a stupid move, giving your biggest competitor who has more money, more management skill and more success the ability to kill you.........

I must be a dumb pilot cuz I missed that day in business class.

My sentements exactly Box Hauler. Try to work with "The Daz", Hete and the Astar group and if that does not work then why play the "Lame Duck" for a year and and half while they outsource us to our competition?

working with anyone isnt going to do anything but give DHL a smooth transition. So why do it. STOP THE FRIEGHT FROM MOVING. Its the only thing they understand. Maybe instead of losing a billion you can cause them to lose 10 billion. Either way get some satisfaction that in the last 12 months you didnt get taken advantage of.

The only thing you should be doing is cranking up the barby across from the hub and all ASTAR and ABX Employees, truck drivers cafeteria people, mechanics and janitors join in. Invite the media and watch the airplanes and freight sit. Make the biggest spectacle that you can out of it.

Some of you are worried, give them something to worry about. UNITE NOW AND STOP THE FREIGHT !!!!!!!!

working with anyone isnt going to do anything but give DHL a smooth transition. So why do it. STOP THE FRIEGHT FROM MOVING. Its the only thing they understand. Maybe instead of losing a billion you can cause them to lose 10 billion. Either way get some satisfaction that in the last 12 months you didnt get taken advantage of.

The only thing you should be doing is cranking up the barby across from the hub and all ASTAR and ABX Employees, truck drivers cafeteria people, mechanics and janitors join in. Invite the media and watch the airplanes and freight sit. Make the biggest spectacle that you can out of it.

Some of you are worried, give them something to worry about. UNITE NOW AND STOP THE FREIGHT !!!!!!!!

Hmmmmm, for quite some time now all we have heard from DPWN is that a pull out from the US is unacceptable since the US is responsible for a great share of their international business. How vital the US is to keep dhl a viable competitor in the market place. Since they put all of our livelihoods on the table and said they are now committed to phase it out over the next 12-18 months, just how many of those customers would be around in 12-18 months if it all stopped now. No contract, no DOJ review to approve their plan, no planes or trucks moving one single box. Their ENTIRE global empire could just possibly come crumbling down well before that 12-18 month time frame.

Maybe they should put in writing a VERY VERY generous offer for each and every employee to do what they do to their fullest to get them the time to implement their plan.

I can see how your plan has real teeth, and they are sharp too.

i have been led to believe that UPS does not carry DG, how much/many contracts and DG shipments does DHL have? and are they 'profitable'?

:beer:

I have sat here most of the day in disbelief wondering if they actually think they are going to have any kind of system inegrity over the next 12-18 months. Do they really expect people to show up and do a bang up job for them while their jobs are slowly being given away?

I'm sure there are those that will suck up the open flying until they shut the lights out here.

Of course maybe that's what Graber was talking about when he said:

"The increased pilot costs are in the neighborhood of a penny a share and they are the result of a disagreement we are having with the union as Joe mentioned and we don’t know how long those cost will continue though; we are taking steps to moderate those costs and drive them down as fast as possible and I think we’re going to see some success in that almost immediately."

Any of the ABX guys happen to notice when your AOA badge expires? (Hint...18 months from now)

Coincidence? Probably. Maybe not.

Well, it won't be the first time for me. Turned the lights out on the last one. Sure didn't think I'd see the day here.

I know this was a naive thought on my part, but when I got hired here almost 10 years ago, I told my wife I had finally made it...someplace to retire from.:erm:

Latest resources

Back