• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

well that was quick.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I extended one day in the last 5 years, last December, and had the support of the Eboard. Don't even spread BS about things you know not.

That's nice. You decided to extend the during the one time period where you should not have.

But like you say, there are many many more who are doing the same thing. But unfortunately, or fortunately, you atleast have the dignity to admit it. Which I can atleast somewhat respect.

As far as the E-board, like I said earlier, you know full well they can not and will not tell you NOT to extend. As you definitely know, that would be considered an illegal job action by the Union.

Of course the union can't say don't extend. It does take a minute amount of intelligence to read between the lines and realize extending is something you don't do when people are on furlough.

This was directed at Pervis.

Last edited:
The 750 was pretty high in the ranking. Way to go team!

The 750 had the second highest number of duty days, and ranked 5th in voluntary extended days. In fact, less than 100 voluntary extended days out of over 35,000 duty days flown. A number more telling would be how many extended days were offered-vs-accepted. Considering the 750 is one of the busiest fleets, I'll bet that would be an eye openner.

BTW, I did not contribute to the VED's 2011, and I am in the 750. In fact, I don't recall any invites to extend, but I would have refused. I made that clear when I discussed my situation last December, both on the union board and on the furloughed board. If that's not good enough for some, so be it.

Yes but even you argued that long-range flying is somehow different and requires more extended days. Fair enough, take away the EX, GIV and GV and now the X is the second highest. Bringing me back to my point, you don't voluntarily extend when your coworkers are on furlough.

I realize the G5 does a lot of extended international trips, but if 7 day tours don't work, the company needs to go back to the negotiating table.

Opec,

You either don't understand the travel costs and logistical challenges associated with long range international flying, or haven't fully thought the issue through. The costs are tremendous and are ultimately passed on to the owners. Even if you foolishly believe your owners are willing to pay anything, how do you think they'll feel about waiting around for a day or two while their relief pilot tries to catch up to the airplane because it changed it's itinerary while the relief pilot sat on a 14 hour flight to the wrong city? International flying isn't like going to Teterboro where there are dozens of guys waiting to rotate onto your airplane. However, if you really think driving more owners away will somehow help get you back to work, you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

The most important thing your brothers can do to get you back to work is take care of the owners. If they stop doing that, you have absolutely no chance.

Last edited:
Yes but even you argued that long-range flying is somehow different and requires more extended days. Fair enough, take away the EX, GIV and GV and now the X is the second highest. Bringing me back to my point, you don't voluntarily extend when your coworkers are on furlough.

I was refering to the GLC, more specifically, the V/550. I would not consider coast to coast, or Europe for that matter, long range in this discussion.

The problem is company could excercise 8-10 day schedules per CBA 19.9, yet choose not to. The real question is why does management choose the higher cost factor between the two? I'll bet you "Know" the answer.

Last edited:
Like I said, you're funny about you remember. I rubbed shoulders with this guy for over three years. You want to use nuances with language? I knew his family and went to to the funeral and was there when they buried his urn. That's close enough for me.

Was also close enough to know the impact he had on YOUR career and pretty much every pilot on this board that didn't come up through military flying.

Nuances of language? :laugh: Please! You sound like a politician! :laugh: I see you spend about 70% of your efforts to back-pedal out of your clearly exposed lies of which 30% of your efforts are spent on telling them.

I suppose your little theory has something to do with your past statements about how management should be credited with safety in flight operations. No, you, your supposedly suicidal buddy or coworker or whatever you claim him to be this week along with your other middle manager cronies has had zero impact "every pilot on this board":rolleyes:. How arrogant.

Now. YOU on the other hand won't comment on the rest of the post because you're gutless, like all of your other union buddies.

First, you're one to talk about not addressing points and questions that many have posted here. The difference is that the points you have dodged actually have validity.

Comment on the rest of the post. You tell me why the bottom third of the seniority list is meaningless and why YOU feel it's ok for them to lose their incomes and careers to save those that did nothing more than get hired before them. Doesn't mean they are better pilots, just means they got hired first. Seniority doesn't protect the company, does not protect the traveling public, does not protect the passengers in the airplane or those around them.
What a stupid straw man question. This is a prime example of why people don't answer everything you bring up.
Your gutless Waka. I stand by my words. I used the words "CLOSE FRIENDS to also accomodate for the other people I mentioned. Maybe it was because I care about those around me and all you care about is your paycheck and not the welfare of those around you.

As a coward with wimpy ethics, you clearly lack the conviction to stand by anything. Your attempted word games and back-pedaling your way out of your exposed lies is like trying to put the proverbial toothpaste back in the tube.

You care? Ha! You only care about protecting your little ego and the identity you get from being an online union buster. BTW; You suck at it.

But what I do know is that a man is dead because of union activity and you think it's a joke.

You're the joke, not to mention a coward for using someone else's alleged suicide and being their self-declared spokesman.

Done with this subject.
No you're not. You're fragile ego can't stand the idea of not having the last word. Be my guest. Sometimes I get amusement from your lies and obfuscations.

Last edited:
Agreed, my last post is an attempt to get it back on track, but we both know it's not going to happen.

They are more concerned about how I blended "friend" and "coworker" rather than the fact thier union didn't protect thier fellow pilots in a time of need.

Your last post an attempt to get this thread back on track???:laugh:

Latest resources

Back