• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

well that was quick.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Posts #177 & #178 are embarrassing and disrespectful to all the other people at an aviation company. Do you two guys really believe this horse crap that you wrote?

You're delusional about your current/former careers and your importance.

You management types amuse me. I'll spell it out for you guys, however:

You tow Jordie's line and push on the union to cave on scope. The pilots don't cave and after the contract becomes amendable the company stonewalls in mediation, gets released and locks out the pilots. The company farms out the work to EJM and whatever amount of the seniority list decides to scab. The flights ops department finally gets to the size Jordie wants, then he fires your arses because you're not needed anymore. Elapsed time to your NJA departure? About 14 months from now.

Another possibility is all of you management types exercising your brains and using safety in numbers to push back against Idiot Hansell. If you're all on the same team with a united front, he'll be the one out on his arse. You guys have the knowledge to put the company back together, grow it, and return a handsome amount to BH in the process.

Don't let stupidity and naivety get in the way of making an effort to fix NetJets. If you retain the status quo, the end result is an unemployment line. NJA's failure will be pinned on your shoulders. DB Hansell will go back to attorneyville, you all will be begging for right seats in corporate flight depts and airlines. You're management days will be over as you were midshipmen in what was the largest fractional provider, now defuct at the hands of your leadership.

Pretty much every company with more than 3000 employess seems to pull it off. Are you implying that pilots are not smart enough to negotiate on their own?

Laughable. Any further direct response to you is a waste of time. You and your ilk have lost. Why not ride on M. Levitt's coat tails and write another book from your perspective. I'm sure your book will become a best seller.

gret....from what iv'e heard...no one cares what you say. I've been retired for over a year now to give more junior pilots a shot. my first type rating was in a dc7.....i've seen it all...ive been in unions and ive been a chief pilot at deltawest... I dont care if you dont like my post, or even if you disrespect me.

If you try to stir up ******************** with me you only get caught jerking off.....

Last edited:
Ah, there is is...I knew it was here someplace. Change that number to $160,000 to include benefits, taxes, work rules and training, etc... you're number will be a little closer to reality. Those are fixed costs based on the CBA. Management has nothing to say about it.

Yep, just like GM in my earlier post. I am afraid NJA is at that middle to late stage union strangulation timeline, during which we lose owners because our cost structure is significantly higher than our competitors', especially during these flat economic times with another recession looming. Eventually, when a Lorenzo comes along, he will be vilified by the same lunatics who so devalued the company by their union activities. I had hoped our union would be more intelligent, and maybe it will be, but I am worried we are seeing a replay of Eastern Airlines beginning. Maybe not. Maybe the Crazies are outnumbered by the more normal among us. One can only hope.

you're not gonna find a lotta sympathy for any company from a pilot. Pilots are the skilled, educated experts at the business at hand. They expect and deserve to paid accordingly. If its from a union or proper management, one way or another they will get it.

pay your employees a fair wage with proper work conditions and you will have a good balance. the problem is management takes, takes, takes and then acts suprised when a union shows up. I dont really care for unions myself, but if it wasnt for a union, the skilled experts would be no different than a 10 year old Philippine kid making jeans.

sorry that upsets you but i dont make the rules.

Do you really think we are underpaid and unappreciated? This is, by far, the best job I ever had. And I had a lot. I read what you say about my job and company, and it is like reading about some other company.

Do you really think we are underpaid and unappreciated? This is, by far, the best job I ever had. And I had a lot. I read what you say about my job and company, and it is like reading about some other company.
No one who flies because they like to has this problem, all of the furlougees working with me are planning on going back in a heartbeat, because the job at NJ is so far superior to almost anything else out there.

Fly because you like to..........................................may be disappointed

Latest resources

Back