• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

WARN letter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any word on how the shareholder's meeting went today?

i was told that the bottom 400 pilots got the letter. I was 395 out of 400. Im just 5 folks short of being safe. I just got to hope 5 people ahead of me quit soon.

Why are you so attached to Mesa? I'm assuming when you started, you only had a few hundred hours, or you wouldn't have went there in the first place. If I were you, I would have used them to get some flight time, then left as fast as possible. I don't think anyone will feel sorry for you if you get furloughed.

i was told that the bottom 400 pilots got the letter. I was 395 out of 400. Im just 5 folks short of being safe. I just got to hope 5 people ahead of me quit soon.

How many are on the master seniority list right now?

Why are you so attached to Mesa? I'm assuming when you started, you only had a few hundred hours, or you wouldn't have went there in the first place. If I were you, I would have used them to get some flight time, then left as fast as possible. I don't think anyone will feel sorry for you if you get furloughed.

I feel sorry for any other pilots misfortune, whether they are Mesa or not. These guys are set up with a job and now will have to go looking (for the betterment of society none the less) while being unemployeed. Remember, it is much easier to find a flying job when you have a flying job. This may be the best thing that will have ever happened to them, but it surely won't be fun.

To all the Mesa guys, get your shiznit out and be ready for the house to tumble down at any moment. It is much better to be watching this fiasco from afar. I wouldn't be turning down ANY other flying job right now if I were you.

Good luck to my former crewmembers...I fear you may need it.

Easy pdub, the warn letter legally has to be sent.It will hinge on the injunction hearing at the end of the month.

The industry is like an elephant walking a tight wire. All you have to do is look at the cost of oil and know there is a trickle down affect. The higher the senority the better, however if the companies no longer in business your as close to the unemployment line as the last guy in. Everyone should have an exit plan if you or your family is depending on income from aviation. There will always be aviation, the question is who has the staying power to ride out the industrys challenges. All the best to those employees affected by these canllenges. They are hardworking aviation employee looking at layoffs and furloughs. Not an easy thing to do especially when wages are not keeping up the inflation....but thats a whole different number of greedy Bast...rds running that show.
Peace and thank a solider when you see one......8sm

Take some advice from someone who has been furloughed before:

GET OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even if you didn't get the letter, this is a ship that's sinking fast!!

PDub - don't wish against this happening, it'll be a blessing in disguise and you'll find something better. One day you'll look back and thank God that you bailed when you did.

Pdub, it is time to bail. Immediately. You have been him-hawing for the past couple of months about Mesa's predicament. This should be writing on the wall in large neon letters.

You gained some good experience from Mesa, had some fun, met some great people and so on, but dude...how much more of a sign do you need that it's time to move on?

I'm honestly not trying to pick on you...just trying to get you to see the light as someone who has been there. Best of luck!

KAK

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back