• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

WARN letter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WARN letters are required to be sent out when the company is reasonably certain they're going under. If they fail to provide notification under the WARN act, they will technically be required to provide up to 2 months salary when they tank.

It does NOT have to be via certified letter.

With the WARN notification, they won't have to.

I would take this as a very, very serious sign that Mesa will be facing significant difficulty in the near future. Furloughs almost definitely, and bankruptcy very, very possible.

If you haven't started looking for a job at another regional or elsewhere, I would start now. As in, call in sick today, get your resume set and mailed out to as many places as you can, NOW.

I wouldn't be to picky about where I went, either. Plenty of pilots on the street, and it's already a tough market.

For what it's worth, I'm really, really sorry to hear this. Best of luck.

I got a WARN letter in my Co. Email today saying that law requires the company "to provide affected employees written notification that there may be adverse employment action due to Delta’s planned termination of our agreement"

I surely hope this does not mean what I think it does

I don't know your story. I don't know why you work where you do, but I do know things suck for you right now and I'm really sorry to hear it. Things will get better. You will find a job.

Good luck.

WARN letters are designed to let people know that the ship is sinking fast. Think of it as a tornado siren, fire alarm, Co2 alarm....In other words WARNing you to act immediediatly to get out of that burning house of Mesa...Save yourself!!!!!!:eek:

Ya, I hear you guys. What sucks is that not everyone who was in initial training with me got this email. A guy who is a few numbers senior than I did not get this email. But the guy one behind me did.

Ya, I hear you guys. What sucks is that not everyone who was in initial training with me got this email. A guy who is a few numbers senior than I did not get this email. But the guy one behind me did.

I got the letter back in 2005...just before we furloughed 120-ish pilots.

I lucked out and just got banished to GSO for a while.

I'm still waiting on my own WARN letter, but as someone with friends and family who have seen them, I've got more experience with them than I'd like. If you got a letter - especially if there were people above you who didn't get them - then your job is all but gone. The furlough list is already written, and you have the grave misfortune of being on it. You need to assume the worst, and act now. I'm very sorry, but of the people I've known personally who got a letter, not one had a job within a few months.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back