• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

WARN letter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One reason for me not leaving MESA was because all of the Seniority I had occurred. Im 1139 out of 1500. My seniority can hold Capt. on the CRJ if I met ICAO mins. No, I was not hired on with only a couple hundred hours.

I had been holding back recently because all the instability in the industry and I thought that the last place to be is at the bottom of somebodys seniority list vulnerable to furlough. I dodged that bullet at RAH by not taking the job(ie folks in training were let go because of the Frontier mess).

I guess I wasnt as senior as I thought. So I have no choice but to bail.

BTW, does Eagle have a ERJ base in MIA?

BTW, does Eagle have a ERJ base in MIA?

No, only the ATR in MIA and it's pretty senior.

ERJ bases for Eagle: BOS, LGA, ORD, DFW, LAX. (LAX also ridiculously senior).

If flying if Florida is your primary goal, you might consider Dayjets.

Lots of risk at this company (startup, new airplane, new business model), but the biggest problem is that the "VLJ" (very light jet) category is unlikely to impress future legacy/major airlines.

On the plus side, it's $50k/yr, in Florida, day trips only, and you may be able to parlay the experience into a decent corporate job or fractional.

Get those applications churned out! Even in good hiring times, you'll probably have to wait 1-2 months minimum before you get any calls, then another month at least before you get a class date.

I thought DayJet had stopped hiring and had laid off people!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back