Wanna see what scabs are like....?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
charlie2 said:
I don't know the history of that CAL strike but wouldn't it make the IAM strike more effective if all the other employees showed up for work, forcing the company to pay them, even though there are no working planes to fly?

The company can take on one group, attempt to operate and replace them. Which is exactly what NWA looks like they are trying to do. When everyone walks, then it forces negotiations. Of course it depends on their CBA's and if others have no strike commitments. With your scenario the company could decide to just cease operations, lay off others until a settlement like at COMAIR. These days that would never happen. With the perilous financial state of the airlines like NWA, a lenghty cash flow interuption would be kiss of death.

Last edited:
jbucpt said:
but YOU and your ALPA boys are picking up extra flying while your fellow ALPA pilots are furloughed. oh, thats right, you HAVE to fly extra to save the airline....

Are you serious?
Each union rep gets to bid and be awarded a line like all the other line pilots. While they are not flying the line and doing union bizness they are paid for their line anyway...otherwise no one would want to be in the union. What the union reps do is fly back their duties essentially they would be paid if they were not flying anyway so the only incentive to fly is payback the pilots who pay for their service; the pilots of his/her mec.

If you have no idea how a pilot's union works then say nothing about it.

There are alot of people (not neccessarily pilots) on this forum that trash talk ALPA and to me your all fools. Flame away you anti-union hacks!!!

Dewey Oxberger said:
Dewey Oxberger said:
You nailed it on the head, my pay is pathetic for flying a modern 50 seat jet, by the way $66.40/hr 6 yr CA. Why? Because bottomfeeders (read Mesa/CHQ) forced concessions on the reputable carriers, and because of this new industry average the NMB never would have released us to strike so we had to settle for much less. By the way, for retirement, I get a 9% match on 5% contributions, better than AWA, SWA, UAIR, and beloved Jetblue. FOs still make slave wages, see reason above. What's sick is that in a year we (XJT) will pass up Comair and by default be the industry leaders.

I guess you are misreading me. I wish us all better paychecks and retirements. With fuel prices the way they are and all of us barely keping our head above water, how do you expect a five year old company with less than 80 a/c to set industry rates. If we asked we would recieve the same reasons you stated above. Right now B6 is trying to establish ourself ( see SWA 20 years ago). For most us it is a good gamble. I am curious as to how we ( most of us here under 3 years ) are suppose to be in a position to demand a pay raise. First year F/O's here make more than a good percentage of RJ captains. Remember the 190 is a choice and you will be given the opportunity to upgrade soon. I invite you to actually research the company and make an informed descision about us. You may even apply. Sure, we could make some positive changes and I am sure we will in time.

Oh Yeah..................GENERAL LOOSEN UP

Take One day and only say nice nice things....Plus you gotta be stoaked. The Dukes of Hazzard is coming to the big screen. That should get you off the computer for a little while at least. Who is gonna play Cooter.

Don't think he was talking about the actual ALPA reps, but the pilots who continues to fly overtime, while their fellow pilots are on furlough.

Dizel8 said:
Don't think he was talking about the actual ALPA reps, but the pilots who continues to fly overtime, while their fellow pilots are on furlough.

He means the whole open time scam? Yeah thats greddy a-holes.

Sh*t

Open mouth insert foot.

sorry jbpct

NZCHooverboy said:
Nothing new under the soon. The S-I-T (scab in training) claims that he has a wife and kids to support. Don't we all!!

The irony of this idiot is that if he does scab he will be putting his family in harms way. The reprocussions to his car,house,etc will be many. I can remeber the mechanic strikes of the 80's and many scabs got hurt and some killed. I even remember my dad telling me a story about a scab that got his house burned down and he lost everything....

The general lack of understanding of the Railway Labor Act and Labor laws in general amazes me.

Everbody walk-out to support a different union's strike action? You can't do it. Secondary boycott prohibited by Taft-Hartley. The company would have an injunction in minutes. If you want to go to jail and/or have your union pay huge fines just disregard the court. Remember American a few years ago.

When ALPA supported the Eastern mechanics and Lorenzo did not get an injunction against them, you knew that was what Lorenzo wanted...get the pilots off the property.

Generally with the RLA and No strike clauses in most ALPA contracts plus Taft- Hartley any supportive action has to be carefully crafted. I would limit the brave talk meanwhile.

~DC

I've always heard that NWA has historically had some of the worst labor-management relations.

SUNDOWN said:
I guess you are misreading me. I wish us all better paychecks and retirements. With fuel prices the way they are and all of us barely keping our head above water, how do you expect a five year old company with less than 80 a/c to set industry rates. If we asked we would recieve the same reasons you stated above. Right now B6 is trying to establish ourself ( see SWA 20 years ago). For most us it is a good gamble. I am curious as to how we ( most of us here under 3 years ) are suppose to be in a position to demand a pay raise. First year F/O's here make more than a good percentage of RJ captains. Remember the 190 is a choice and you will be given the opportunity to upgrade soon. I invite you to actually research the company and make an informed descision about us. You may even apply. Sure, we could make some positive changes and I am sure we will in time.

Oh Yeah..................GENERAL LOOSEN UP

Take One day and only say nice nice things....Plus you gotta be stoaked. The Dukes of Hazzard is coming to the big screen. That should get you off the computer for a little while at least. Who is gonna play Cooter.

I hope you're right. I never said Jetblue was a bad company to work for, it's just the mandatory pay rates given to you by your company pretty much affect every regional pilot out there in future negotiations. The management negotiators will point out that Jetblue 100 seat pilots make XX amount per hour, and to compete they will have to offer XX. It may not be your fault, but it will affect everyone else behind you. Now, trying to get the transcon turns allowed is your fault, and I hope calmer heads prevail and that is not allowed, since one leg on the 757 (faster than the bus) from JFK to LAX seems to take an eternity and I am tired by the time I get there. Going back to JFK would be extremely tiring, and throw bad weather in NY into the mix, and you are asking for problems. If you can fix those two problems, then I think you are golden.

As far as the Dukes of Hazzard movie, I am looking forward to it. I don't know who will play cooter? All I have seen in the ads are Bo, Luke, Daisy (hot), and Boss Hogg played by Burt Reynolds. When is that coming out again?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back