Wanna see what scabs are like....?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey FlyinScotsman,
No, This had nothing to do with feeding the kids. It was because AMFA leadership was on drugs, and had a plan of action dreamed up by rookies, and did not care if their insane plan drug down the other employee unions or not. ALPA warned them we were not on board. NWA Alpa has been putting NWA mgmnt in its place since 1929. Give them their turn before you reduce NWA pilots to excuse makers.

don't be too quick to say "I would never do that".

Deli Guy said:
NWA Alpa has been putting NWA mgmnt in its place since 1929. Give them their turn before you reduce NWA pilots to excuse makers.

How's it going Deli,

What's the good word over there? Not hearing good things on my end. Was told that it would take a "miracle" for ALPA to get something hammered out in writing with management by the Oct deadline. Also hear that management wants almost the same deal from the FA's that it wanted from the mechanics. Not good. You take away Asia flying from the senior momma's and you watch how fast those girls strike. Have any good "Smurf" stories?

Deli Guy said:
Hey FlyinScotsman,
No, This had nothing to do with feeding the kids. It was because AMFA leadership was on drugs, and had a plan of action dreamed up by rookies, and did not care if their insane plan drug down the other employee unions or not. ALPA warned them we were not on board. NWA Alpa has been putting NWA mgmnt in its place since 1929. Give them their turn before you reduce NWA pilots to excuse makers.

don't be too quick to say "I would never do that".

I am waiting to see what NWA ALPA is going to do. I understand they didn't sign to what AMFA leadership wanted to do, but I also see it as they won't support the strike to preserve thier jobs for the time being. I also know it is a little more complicated than that and the pilots are in for a fight for their wages and bennies when NWA goes into BK. Which will happen before Oct.

General Lee said:
$89 a hour for a 12 year Captain on a new 100 seater at Jetblue..... But wait, the current Jetblue guys will stay on the bus and really don't care what future newhires make---they already "have it made........on the bus......" Who cares, right?

Bye Bye--General Lee

General
As a former Delta pilot and now furloughee I used to respect and look forward to your posts. You stayed above some of the petty name calling and stuck to facts and defended your profession. That doesn't seem to come through in your posts lately. I shouldn't blame you. Maybe nobody can read this stuff day after day and remain objective and fair.

humveedriver said:
90 bucks an hour for a 12 year CPT seems like a pretty good argument to start a union at JetBlue...if I had a dog in that fight. Any rumblings from the JetBlue guys/gals on that issue? Your thoughts on the pay...need for a union at JetBlue?

Yes as a matter of fact, All the jetblue 12 year 190 Captains have formed their own union and are preparing for a Strike!

Hey Willow Run and FlyinScotsman,
It is really getting tight on campus. I am not sure what a "smurf story" is though. I think there is a good possibility the FA's might flex their muscles and shut down the airline and we may declare BK based on that. Good for them. They have the power, so they can use it as they see fit. Hopefully ALPA and the PFAA are coordinating an effort together. Alpa repeatedly echoes this mantra.
My take is that Alpa is signaling that it realizes there are some advantages to going into BK court because it may let us get rid of this management team. If the FA's put us there prior to Oct, I am fine with that. I am pretty junior and recognise that ALPA leans toward the senior guys.
I think mgmt would like to make the FA job a "rapid turnover" job where they suck in young kids and then the kids leave after 5 or 6 years when the glamor wears off. I think the FA's need to stick together and push back with management but I think they had better get off the "no pay cuts" theme and move towards a more reasonable bargaining position. If the FA's strike with a reasonable platform (not like AMFA'S) the pilots would have to strike for their own good. If NW mgmt brings it that far, I think they will be proved to be wrong like 98. That is just the way I see it now. That may change with a new input tomorrow.

Deli Guy said:
Hey Willow Run and FlyinScotsman,
It is really getting tight on campus. I am not sure what a "smurf story" is though.

I was told that the scab mechanics are being refered to as "smurfs" due to their "special" shirts that they are forced to wear. I was also informed over the holiday that these guys are the biggest F__K-UP's, that you couldn't make up some of the sh1it these guys are trying to pull off.

I'm sure it is a mixed bag. I've flown two trips and the few write ups I had were handled correctly. Seen many things repaired on R.O.N. aircraft and MEL's cleared and those items worked fine. At least that is what the F/O told me. Weak area was logbook paperwork the first few days.

Hey WRV + Diesel 9,
OK I get the smurf thing now. That is a ridiculous color they are wearing! I am in the middle of a 3day /2 day. I hate to say this, but the books have been clean, the walk arounds show good jets, and the smurfs have stayed out of my "fart zone". I really think the hurricane has punched management in the gut. I think it really puts us close to BK. I think that there was a chance pre hurricane but now there is very little chance.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back