• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wanna see what scabs are like....?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The truth hurts, doesn't it. The General is absolutely right. If those pay rates on the 190 stick, it very well may be the end of the piloting profession. U and UAL will be back for more. "JBLU pays their 100 seat captains $71/hr with 3% 401K match, how do you expect us to keep paying you $129/hr with 15% B plan?" Other majors will be forced to follow and JBLU likely will do to all majors what Mesa has done to small jet providers over the last two years. Anyone have the number for that truck driving school?

Diesel-9... I spent 10 years at NWA in Bldg C and DLH.. It sucks huge wind that the labor laywers have decided to spend big dough on fighting the mechs.... HOWEVER... Your same management has jaded your thinking on the LCC side. Your ON COURSE magazine frequently dogs the low fare guys and blames many of the legacy problems on Jet Blue, AirTran, and SWA. I respectfully disagree.

Come on dude.. its not even the same product. How bout worrying about all those RJ fellas with red paint on em.. especially the ones that now fly traditional DC9 routes... DLH , FNT... Bla Bla Bla... And boy, do they make the bucks and have them great major schedules.. Oh and the benefits are to die for.... 5 days on 2 off... Do you dog the backpack 28 year old RJ Fo when he asks for a ride home to Fargo ?

Last I checked I have 15-17 days off a month... Get Paid 90 credit and fly 75. Yeah my pension sucks... my health care is exactly the same as NWA... I make 120 and hour with a new contract in the making... Not too bad after 5 Years on the 717... Our union is young and learning. We employed ALPA for many products to help us work through our negotiating process. But for us to switch to Alpa would hinder our ability to work out a decent contract.. (my opinion obviously)

Be careful of what your management dept. tells you. Bldg A and Steenland's boys want all you high buck red tail fly boys to believe that the LCC's are the death of the business... Get over it.. I've worked for both sides of the fence.. You guys have more to fear from Pinnacle and Mesaba than lowly Valu Jet with our 98 aero machines. Jet Blue provides a good product at a good price. Period.

And how low is it to badger a Jet Blue guy for making his 150k a year. You get him signing up for a jumpseat and you read him the riot act? The poor fella is just gettin to work or going home to his family .... How low is that. Look at your own wholly owned mess before you go declaring that Jet Blue and AirTran or tearing down the pilot benefits.

We should all look to improve our profession not tear it apart by bully tactics. Get over your Lofty Legacy stand on the LCC's ... Benefits are negotiated.. the longer you have been in business the better the contracts become.... ie railroads...automakers... bla bla bla....

Dewey Oxberger said:
The truth hurts, doesn't it. The General is absolutely right. If those pay rates on the 190 stick, it very well may be the end of the piloting profession. U and UAL will be back for more. "JBLU pays their 100 seat captains $71/hr with 3% 401K match, how do you expect us to keep paying you $129/hr with 15% B plan?" Other majors will be forced to follow and JBLU likely will do to all majors what Mesa has done to small jet providers over the last two years. Anyone have the number for that truck driving school?

Dewey, Who do you fly for and what is you compensation package and retirement like at your company. I am sure you have a defined pension and a B-fund, right? I am guessing you pull in at least 100K flying the 145. Oh yeah what do your F/O's make?

Boeingman said:
HA!!!!!!!, now that is funny. ALPA can't even address their own problems and inadequcies let alone one with a brother union.

If history is any indicator, when the IAM walked in August of 1983, ALPA at CAL blew right threw their picket line (and the FA's) without hesitation.

I don't know the history of that CAL strike but wouldn't it make the IAM strike more effective if all the other employees showed up for work, forcing the company to pay them, even though there are no working planes to fly?

SUNDOWN said:
General We have pilots in top half of the seniority list who have bid for and recieved the 190. So your nformation is innacurate to say the least. And a lot of those who bid for the 190 used to wear the Delta wings. What have you done for them lately? Dude you need to chill out....get laid , get off the computer , whatever. Your perverse enjoyment at attacking other carriers is really old as I a imagine are you. Unless one so desires to stay on the 190 they will be able to bid the Bus as a captain a lot sooner than they will be hired at Delta. But maybe these interested pilots should turn down empoyment at B6 and wait for the call from Delta any way. I am sure your company will be fine.......Hows Song doing. Would it kill you to get along with people here.

Man, I struck a nerve. Sheesh. I know a lot of ex-Delta pilots migrated over to Jetblue, and they at least show that they aren't happy with your new rates. I think it is ridiculous that an airline THAT CAN AFFORD IT will pay its pilots krap on fairly large equipment. You probably have heard about our problems over here, and we really have no choice but to take pay cuts. But, your airline, even with it's low cost plans, has no excuse for 12 year Captain rates that low. Can you justify that? I think Jetblue would be a great employer if they respected the fact that pilots should make enough to live comfortably in the NYC area. The senior guys are going to the E190? Why? For schedule probably---not the low pay. What will a 6 year "senior guy" make on the E190? Less than a Comair CR7 Captain? And, they probably don't want to ever do transcon turns--which you guys can't wait to do....Have you also petitioned to marry your sister yet? How is Song doing you ask? Great. That is probably our best product and we are expanding it to 5 new cities from JFK--LAX, SFO, SEA, SJU, and Aruba. And to top that off, we are starting two daily Song flights from BOS to SFO and LAX, and also a BDL-LAX flight. Loads are full and hopefully that translates into something good. Have a great one pal.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Sundown,

You nailed it on the head, my pay is pathetic for flying a modern 50 seat jet, by the way $66.40/hr 6 yr CA. Why? Because bottomfeeders (read Mesa/CHQ) forced concessions on the reputable carriers, and because of this new industry average the NMB never would have released us to strike so we had to settle for much less. By the way, for retirement, I get a 9% match on 5% contributions, better than AWA, SWA, UAIR, and beloved Jetblue. FOs still make slave wages, see reason above. What's sick is that in a year we (XJT) will pass up Comair and by default be the industry leaders.

Dewey Oxberger said:
Sundown,

You nailed it on the head, my pay is pathetic for flying a modern 50 seat jet, by the way $66.40/hr 6 yr CA. Why? Because bottomfeeders (read Mesa/CHQ) forced concessions on the reputable carriers, and because of this new industry average the NMB never would have released us to strike so we had to settle for much less. By the way, for retirement, I get a 9% match on 5% contributions, better than AWA, SWA, UAIR, and beloved Jetblue. FOs still make slave wages, see reason above. What's sick is that in a year we (XJT) will pass up Comair and by default be the industry leaders.

Sorry, somebody told me this was the 2007 hiring boom thread.
I got a wife and kid ya know!;)

General Lee said:
$89 a hour for a 12 year Captain on a new 100 seater at Jetblue..... But wait, the current Jetblue guys will stay on the bus and really don't care what future newhires make---they already "have it made........on the bus......" Who cares, right?

Bye Bye--General Lee

but YOU and your ALPA boys are picking up extra flying while your fellow ALPA pilots are furloughed. oh, thats right, you HAVE to fly extra to save the airline....

What a bunch of BS!! We need to figure out how to fix the problem not sit here and blame one another.

Those whom MX guys who are pre scabs are freaking idiots. Worthless. Kinda makes you wonder how good of mechanics they are that the cant get a real job on their own.

Last edited:
This thread is a joke.. Anybody who relies on someone else to get financially secure and to get a paycheck is a sucker anyway. The working man is a sucker.. The middle class is going away in America.. Soon there will be the haves and the have nots... Invest your own money, open your own business.. Control your own destiny.. Start laying the foundation now!!

Latest resources

Back