• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

W2's 2007

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I only flew 650 hours in 2007 (by choice, wife is breadwinner)

CAL EWR 737FO, 3rd year pay

$63,650.00

43,000 in reteriment acct. (401k/b fund) (since inception)

Only 650. Man, I flew 418 and I thought that was 100 to many.

Year 5 PIC on the Ultra at NetJets.

$127,000

Not including tips, per diem or retirement contributions.

Flew 383 hours in '07.

80k at AWA 3yr. The money was not enough but...reserve at AWA with 12/13 off per month, <450 hours flown this year. Picked up very little extra time and only when it interfered with my ability to fly on reserve. All in all, great work rules in spite of low $$$ when compared to lousy work rules and less $$$ at other airlines that hub in PHL and CLT that will remain nameless because that was not the point of this thread.

Tips?

Year 5 PIC on the Ultra at NetJets.

$127,000

Not including tips, per diem or retirement contributions.

Flew 383 hours in '07.

You get tips? I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I guess it's great that you get some off the books cash in your pocket.

It's a fantastic thing- netjets is not your fathers execjet. And you forgot to mention all the good food.

$ 77,000 for 2nd year B757/767 at CAL. Hit 3rd year pay for only the last pay check of 2007. Didn't have to pick up any trips as PBS built my EWR lines to the max every month. Based in IAH now and fly the 767 more so I'm on track to make around 85-90K for 2008 assuming I don't change equipment once again....
I know some on here think it is classless to post your W-2 information etc. but all of our pay rates are public information so it is nice to know just how much you can gross off of your public pay rates so one can make an informative decision. Plus, we all use screen names. Wow, I'm out of breath after the above run-on sentance.....

You get tips? I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I guess it's great that you get some off the books cash in your pocket.

You bet. Last tour I and my flying partner spent 2 hours talking to a group of Owners on the ramp next to the plane and their pick up truck filled with luggage.

We had a mechanical and were not in a position to arrange a fix so while the company flew in a new plane to take them, as a courtesy, we opened their catering for them and made a few rounds of Bloody Mary's.

Time flew even though we didn't. The conversation was a great one had by all and even though they didn't leave on time, it was A-OK. Before too long a different shiny jet landed on the runway, about 1,000 ft from where we were parked.

We then did everything we could to help the oncoming crew prepare the jet for the trip to take the folks on...

The Owner was, shall we say, gracious.

Just another day and very much part of the job but... so are tips.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back