• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

VPS Mesaba station disaster

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you a manager? or at least want to be a manager - "Worlds Premier Global Airline" !!
although you obviously despise anyone and anything
"management", you may not be a smart as you think....

seems like management might be the place to be:
-higher pay (in most positions)
-better benefits (travel, medical/dental, retirement, co. vehicle, etc.)
-home every night
-better bonuses
-usually when they figure a way to keep your pay down, theirs goes up
-blah
-blah
-blah

but hey what do they know? you've got it all figured out, right?:laugh:

Don't miss the A's or B minuses.....Why do you only have 6000 hrs? Did you take TOWP for 4 years or something?

I haven't updated my logbook in about three years.

Here is a fact for all who cares. I know for a fact at MLU station mesaba took over that station from ASA. ASA MGMT told the workers there if they took a job with mesaba that they would not get there severancy packages.

No one is bashing any airline. The point here is that Mesaba moved in and fired all of the ASA guys. I would have thought that Mesaba would have at least retained some of the ASA staff to keep thngs going but they put all of their own folks in there. I am sure each of the Mesaba guys are good people but they took on this operation withought being ready. They made several PA's with gate changes and kept giving out the wrong flight numbers and gates. Someone tried to put the info on the monitors and locked those up so all the info on them became a day old. I have never heard more derogitory remarks from Delta customers in my life. I was absolutely embarassed for Delta. Maybe by the time I get of of MLOA in 2015 they may have gotten their act together and hopefully Delta did not loose to many customers.

Talk about comic relief, this would have been a good documentry for prime time!

Please allow me to remedy this.

Mesa sucks.

Now back to your regularly scheduled bickering.

W

Unfortunately these kinds of things are going to happen from time to time as we integrate 2 airlines into the World's Premier Global Airline. It's not a perfect system and it will take patience as employees on both ends learn the new system and become proficient with it. This does not excuse or justify the situation while passengers who are paying for a ticket and don't get a seat because a gate agent is clueless and behind the 8 ball.
Again, there will be growing pains along the way and I assume every station worker is doing their best to be as efficient as possible during these next few months of rapid change.

BS--they brought this on themselves. Guess what? There are other airlines in VPS that will be happy to take these customers. And the object of that drill was to provide better service????????

No one is bashing any airline. The point here is that Mesaba moved in and fired all of the ASA guys.
How could XJ fire an ASA guy? My point was that there are internal forms to report and clean up these items. That would help the overall operation and maybe the next guy would not have the same problem. Bashing them here does nothing, but drag a good airlines name through the mud publically. There have been many screw ups during this transition, but I want to help these stations to understand what we are used to, what our manuals say, and how to get the operational performance we are used to.

I've never worked at Mesaba. This avatar represents both NW Airlinks as it was when I joined flight info in 2001. Mesaba operated the Saab and Avro and Pinnacle operated the Saab and CRJ. Its a shame you haven't been around long enough to know that.

You beat me to it, I was gonna say you never worked at Mesaba. You are just an old, old, old 9E guy that was probably domiciled in ALO at one time on a stinking J-31...or was it a J-41????

Although Seven should of known that, I think he has been around XJ for awhile.

Latest resources

Back