• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

VPS Mesaba station disaster

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've understood that training was an assumed cost just as fuel and mx are assumed costs. If you have X amount flight Y will be training costs.

I understand quantifiable versus the costs at which you can not attach an intrinsic value. As I pointed, I did understand way they see things in that light. Lower overall cost eventually leads to profit and hopefully this can be sold to the investors as such. This leads to greater influx of cash from these sources. Training does not factor in if they have to teach an entire new crew. The cost was already there.

What I was attempting to point out to those such as possibly yourself with no real leadership experience is that you gain greater quality from the your employees if some loyalty is shown to them. This does not equate to huge pay raises butt instead the belief that in the end, to act in the companies best interest is in fact an act for your own interest and company realizing that. In this environment of go eats the dog who ate the other dog you are only degrading your product. While you can't put value on this, look to Southwest as a company that has recognized this, loyal and hardworking employees that go the extra distance to do things right. Low and behold, it equals greater profit numbers even though you can put pen to paper and prove it. Human nature comprehension is what lacks at many of these larger companies and Delta is no different.

And yes, you were questioning my ability to do the job in a professional manner, Beavis. Maybe you should reword your statements so as to not make the insinuation if that was not your intent.

Talking to the MGM folks, Mesaba did come in do what could be called a recruitment even before it was announced that they would be getting the station. They were offering a splended salary of minimum wage with the kicker of NO travel benefits. There were no takers.....wonder why?

Simply not true. The jobs were posted on MyMesaba. Standard pay and benefits applied. Including travel.

FWIW, rampers in XJ stations are still XJ employees. The transition to RHS will occur later this year. Hasn't happened yet.

Latest resources

Back