• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

VPS Mesaba station disaster

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BS--they brought this on themselves. Guess what? There are other airlines in VPS that will be happy to take these customers. And the object of that drill was to provide better service????????

By "other airlines", do you mean the 357th (or whatever) TFW with their F-15s?

And the object of that drill was to provide better service????????

That was never the objective. The objective was significantly lower costs (sure can't beat min. wage), with at least marginal service levels that hopefully could eventually be improved upon. Of course, you usually get what you pay for....:rolleyes:

Unfortunately these kinds of things are going to happen from time to time as we integrate 2 airlines into the World's Premier Global Airline. It's not a perfect system and it will take patience as employees on both ends learn the new system and become proficient with it. This does not excuse or justify the situation while passengers who are paying for a ticket and don't get a seat because a gate agent is clueless and behind the 8 ball.
Again, there will be growing pains along the way and I assume every station worker is doing their best to be as efficient as possible during these next few months of rapid change.

I think General Lee has a little competition.....

Unfortunately, there is only enough room here for one village idiot.

Looks like we will have to have a "TardFight."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWk6RgQbPVc

-Best get some training in-PeePants, Jr.

Man,this has a familiarnring to it....From USA Today,3-14-07:

By Dawn Gilbertson, The Arizona Republic
LAS VEGAS — US Airways' expectations of business as usual the first day under a new computer system were quickly dashed Sunday morning with long lines of travelers forming after self-service check in kiosks failed.
The Tempe, Ariz., airline, which switched to a new computer reservations and ticketing system overnight, saw snaking lines in Charlotte, Philadelphia and Las Vegas. The airline says the kiosks are now working in Phoenix, Charlotte and Philadelphia but are still down in Las Vegas.

TODAY IN THE SKYWhat other media outlets are saying

US Airways spokesman Phil Gee said the airline does not expect many passengers to miss their flights in Las Vegas. He said Charlotte, the airline's busiest hub, had the longest lines and the most passengers that missed flights.
Sunday is the busiest travel day at McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas and always a zoo for passengers, but the lines Sunday stretched out through two doors and wrapped around inside the terminal.

That was never the objective. The objective was significantly lower costs (sure can't beat min. wage), with at least marginal service levels that hopefully could eventually be improved upon. Of course, you usually get what you pay for....:rolleyes:

According the RAH press release--better service

Unfortunately these kinds of things are going to happen from time to time as we integrate 2 airlines into the World's Premier Global Airline. It's not a perfect system and it will take patience as employees on both ends learn the new system and become proficient with it. This does not excuse or justify the situation while passengers who are paying for a ticket and don't get a seat because a gate agent is clueless and behind the 8 ball.
Again, there will be growing pains along the way and I assume every station worker is doing their best to be as efficient as possible during these next few months of rapid change.

You obviously don't have a clue as to what you're talking about. You can take that patience thing and stick up your a$$. Delta did this and a bunch of great stations are being turned into inept ones at the expense of people who've had jobs there for years. How in the F*** can a company bid for a station when a brand new operation at first year wages will trump costs for an established station? It has nothing to do with growing pains or anything of that nature. It is plain old dumbass bean counters not being able to see past the edge of their desks. Once these stations break a plane or two, all that "saved" money is gone. You are a lame assed apologist.

I'll certainly be writing up everything I see at these stations where my company once ran the show. And I am glad most of them have refused to train their replacements.

I'll certainly be writing up everything I see at these stations where my company once ran the show. And I am glad most of them have refused to train their replacements.
I think this is a good thing. And I will be writing up everything I see at the inept stations I see. This will be good for all of us. Spot On.

On a side note: Do you think that their refusal to train their replacements only made the transition worse?

Latest resources

Back