• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America reduces hiring mins

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
this wins! i hate when people act like they are special because they work at xyz airline and not abc airline. When actually they sent every last one of them a resume.

HAHA believe me my airline is not special at all, nor was my decision to go there. And notice I said "many", not all in reference to pilots. My point is that the flocking of pilots to the airline with the "quickest upgrade" of that time period is detrimental to the industry and I have no sympathy when they get "screwed" with the FO seat for many years.

I thinkwe hired 2 with no PIC. One is buddies with the CP, the other was pre-launch and had some sort of management experience. I know of another who had 500 TPIC with no connections.

I know of at least 6 guys with no PIC.

The new mins (changed about three months ago) are 4000hrs total, 1000 PIC prefered. The are able to "work" with the right candidate.

They'll "work" with anyone who is willing to take substandard wages/work rules.

Well, I'd rather work with them than creatures like you.

Man up lady, everyone is tired of your attitude.

We all know you only fly for premium pay, because youre the best, and the coolest, and the most awesome.

Remind us all again, are you the highest paid guy in your equipment? if not tell ALPA you deserve more pay, a better retirement, lower heath care costs. Tell them you want Southwests deal.

Or shut the hell up.

At least they get to work with some smokin hot FA's not the 70ish battle axes at most others these days.

They'll "work" with anyone who is willing to take substandard wages/work rules.

Oooh, really stretching your brain to come up with that zinger aren't you? Or perhaps not, the same argument you have been using for years in your rants against Virgin, Allegiant, and others. Get a clue, you are a tired and worn out troll, and you have lost - Virgin and Allegiant are still here and still growing. Time to move on.

Many of those FOs went to the hot airline of the time period taking substandard pay for a quick upgrade. When that business model turned, they got screwed. But I don't have any sympathy for them.

Growth is not a pay scale even though management sells growth as one.

Why pilots believe it is a subject for a PHD in Behavioral Science or a MBA in Organization Behavior.

Just having PIC is not the issue. We have several top 100 pilots hired at Jetblue who had PIC in a turbo prop and nothing else. These are by far the worst pilots at Jetblue. I'd rather have a guy sitting next to me who had 5000 hours in the right seat of a jet than the same amount sitting in the left seat of a turbo prop.

Latest resources

Back