• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America reduces hiring mins

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Because of our growth, I make more than my peers who went to Delta at the same time I came here, and will continue to out-earn them until they upgrade. By then, our payscales will be very different, and I may well continue to outearn them.

No Ph.D required.

Well, I guess you clowns know what your worth. We're all prostitutes for aviation, but you dorks are cheap prostitutes.

Well, I guess you clowns know what your worth. We're all prostitutes for aviation, but you dorks are cheap prostitutes.

Apparently the following is too hard for you to comprehend - "Because of our growth, I make more than my peers who went to Delta at the same time I came here, and will continue to out-earn them until they upgrade."

Out-earn means make more money, not less.

At least you are coming up with a new argument, comparing us all to prostitutes. How long did it take? Now the next step is finding one that makes sense. But we'll take in in baby steps Fubi, can't strain you too much.

Apparently the following is too hard for you to comprehend - "Because of our growth, I make more than my peers who went to Delta at the same time I came here, and will continue to out-earn them until they upgrade."

Out-earn means make more money, not less.

At least you are coming up with a new argument, comparing us all to prostitutes. How long did it take? Now the next step is finding one that makes sense. But we'll take in in baby steps Fubi, can't strain you too much.

Hahahaha!!!

:beer:

Actually, Fubi even claims to be a prostitute. He has even more issues than we thought. Then he said compares us to him. He says he is just like us? Says a lot. He is a VX wannabe.

Just having PIC is not the issue. We have several top 100 pilots hired at Jetblue who had PIC in a turbo prop and nothing else. These are by far the worst pilots at Jetblue. I'd rather have a guy sitting next to me who had 5000 hours in the right seat of a jet than the same amount sitting in the left seat of a turbo prop.

Wow. This is one of the stupidest things I've ever read on FI, and that's saying something.

Fubi, you're right. I'll go to Delta. Not hiring for 2012. I'll go to American, bankrupt. I'll go to UniCal, 1500 on furlough. US Air, not hiring. Hawaiian, forget it unless you live in Hawaii because otherwise no call. Spirit, if they call you. UPS not hiring. Soooo stay stuck in regional hell through a round of concessions and bankruptcy or try Virgin?

Fubi, you're right. I'll go to Delta. Not hiring for 2012. I'll go to American, bankrupt. I'll go to UniCal, 1500 on furlough. US Air, not hiring. Hawaiian, forget it unless you live in Hawaii because otherwise no call. Spirit, if they call you. UPS not hiring. Soooo stay stuck in regional hell through a round of concessions and bankruptcy or try Virgin?

By his logic it is better to make less money at an ALPA approved outsourcing company, thus taking more mainline jobs, than it is to make more money at an independent company.

He cannot grasp the concept that ALPA has created the downward pressure on wages by allowing mainline flying to be transferred to poverty level wage paying regionals. Since he cannot grasp that fact, he also cannot grasp the fact that the ALPA endorsed outsourcing has eliminated the entry level jobs at the good mainline carriers. Since he fails to grasp those two basic concepts, his brain would explode if you were to tell him that by continuing to work for poverty level wages at the ALPA endorsed outsourcing company, you are continuing to put downward pressure by allowing even more outsourcing from mainline.

Wow. This is one of the stupidest things I've ever read on FI, and that's saying something.

While I appreciate your opinion you must understand our. Jetblue had less than 100 pilots and probably 20 airplanes. They went out and hired pilots that they could upgrade in less than 6 months. Many of our top 100 were airbus captains in 1 month! Out of these 100 pilots Jetblue hired pilots who had recently upgraded to dash 8 captains. These pilots had hardly any pic time and had never flown a jet. After these pilots upgraded they became tyrants. You can't imagine how difficult it was to fly and train with these pilots. To this day their ways haven't changed and the complaints/no fly list levied against them is staggering.
Even a regional guy who has sat in the right seat of a jet for 5 years is and was more qualified for the position than the above. I'm not knocking a turbo prop pilot. There are 20 year dash8 guys who are incredible. sI'm knocking the quality of experience these particular hires had.

I guess you can rationalize your actions any way you want, but the truth of the matter is regional pay rates have no effect on my contract.

However, Airbus pilots who whoore themselves out for 2/3rds pay certainly do.

And the argument about outsourcing is a dog that won't hunt.

Personally, I hope the FAA sticks with the 1500 hour requirement for part 121 flying. That will keep some of you scum out of airliners for a good long time. As it stands, you clowns who have jobs now better thank your lucky stars that the Colgan crash didn't happen 5 years ago. You'd all be flipping burgers and flying students in a Cessna.

Latest resources

Back