• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America QOL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You are a Virgin America cheerleader! Its OK though...not a bad thing. Its good to have insight on this site from someone who is actually working there and has not drank so much of the red koolaid. (ie. Tomcat)

Couldn't be farther from the truth! But hey, hater's gonna hate. From the rumor mill, net profit 4th qtr, 1st qtr looking much better than it ever has and the 2nd qtr numbers are shaping up nicely...again, here say from a friend in the "nickel."

New revenue guy is what we have been waiting for...ie, a guy that KNOWS what he is doing. The fact that he is doing everything opposite of our CEO, speaks volumes. Even better, the fact that he was placed by "the board" means he is untouchable by the CEO and will do things the way they should have been done all along. Time will tell...He has been very successful at Alaska and recently from Westjet.

I wish they would hurry up and release the numbers already, but they always like to wait...drives us crazy! Good Luck out there. :cool:

New revenue guy is what we have been waiting for...ie, a guy that KNOWS what he is doing. The fact that he is doing everything opposite of our CEO, speaks volumes. Even better, the fact that he was placed by "the board" means he is untouchable by the CEO and will do things the way they should have been done all along. Time will tell...He has been very successful at Alaska and recently from Westjet.

Interesting comment on Kevin Ger. According to his facebook page, he joined VX on 14 Jan. If he's been able to achieve so much in 4 days, maybe he'll be able to have VX become the world's largest carrier by the end of Q3? ... by the way, his resume doesn't list Alaska. He was at Eos (chap 7) prior to joining Jetstar.

Wow, everything bri said so far seems to be coming true. Hiring window is open again for classes in March/April. I'm impressed, your rumor sources sound pretty reliable.

Interesting comment on Kevin Ger. According to his facebook page, he joined VX on 14 Jan. If he's been able to achieve so much in 4 days, maybe he'll be able to have VX become the world's largest carrier by the end of Q3? ... by the way, his resume doesn't list Alaska. He was at Eos (chap 7) prior to joining Jetstar.

No, he was talking about the VP of Network Planning/Sales. He's ex-Westjet and ex-Alaska.

No, he was talking about the VP of Network Planning/Sales. He's ex-Westjet and ex-Alaska.

Ah, gotcha. Network Planning/Sales, not Revenue. From looking at VX's hiring, it appears to me that they've been adding senior management positions/titles. I didn't see a previous VP of Revenue Management.

My vote's with Clickclickboom. You guys talking about rumors of net profits in Q4 when the only public comment about Q4 from Cush/VX was a couple of months ago where he expected an operating profit, not net profit. If there were going to be a net profit, Cush and VX's PR team would be making that public information.
The problem with operating profit is it ignores all of the interest paid. VX's interest payments have increased as they've expanded their fleet; 3Q2012's interest payments were $28.5M.

Meanwhile, $99M in cash flew out the window over the last four quarters. If the cash burn rate's anything close to last year, VX will be out of cash before summer 2013.
Can you guys turn it around? I don't know. But your loads can't increase much more; they're already in the low-mid 80s. And you're flying in saturated markets where you're stepping on the big boys' toes. They add flights and kill your RASM. So you can't sell more seats and it's tough to raise ticket prices. How do you get to breakeven? I just don't see it.

I guess we'll see. Has anyone released q4 numbers yet?

No.
Delta reports on Tuesday.
United reports on Thursday.

Wow, everything bri said so far seems to be coming true. Hiring window is open again for classes in March/April. I'm impressed, your rumor sources sound pretty reliable.

How many United furloughees have left? I suspect that this hiring is simply to replace them.
The timing makes sense; get them trained and available by the summer. VX will probably draw down their Q1 schedule to slow down the cash bleed.

Latest resources

Back