• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America QOL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
People think Hawaiian because there is a lot of exec swapping between the two and the VX route structure makes more sense when you add HA. I have heard we share board members, but for the life of me I can't find who is on VX board. I know two solid names and the rest are conjecture. Also, they could benefit from our slots in LGA, DCA, EWR, and JFK. It took us 5 years of hard work to get EWR slots apparently. Those slots add value.

As far as poolies, there is a lot of change on the horizon here at VX. Not sure about more airplanes or not, but there is a lot on the docket for 2014. Being in the pool sucks, but I tried to think of it as the best of both worlds. You have your current job and vx to choose from.

edit: For the record, I would much rather have organic growth at VX. Please don't construe my post as me wanting the merger. I have been through a merger and it ain't no fun.

How will DCA/LGA slots help Hawaiian?

How will DCA/LGA slots help Hawaiian?

I guess in their current state it wouldn't, but as a combined carrier (and more traditional than what they do now) it would give them access to high yield markets. Maybe one stop in ORD or DFW to get to HNL from the close in airports. Apparently people like the easier access of these airports than JFK or IAD. EWR slots would help too. Once/if SFO goes slot controlled then VX has the opportunity to be very valuable.

7% hourly rate raises announced starting April 1st 2014. $6ish for FO's and $10ish for CA.

They picked an appropriate date to implement the raises! ;)

Hopefully the rates can keep climbing. Is there any method to the way management picks the new rates each year?

They picked an appropriate date to implement the raises! ;)

Hopefully the rates can keep climbing. Is there any method to the way management picks the new rates each year?

The stated goal is industry average RATES when we get industry average margins. Very careful to use RATES. They don't like soft time.

Oh, and the average uses Southwest, Hawaiian, United,
Delta, Alaska, JetBlue, American, Allegiant,
US Airways West, US Airways East,
Frontier, and Spirit.

Sounds so familiar, good luck to you guys!

Latest resources

Back