• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America QOL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All is not as gloomy as it seems at Virgin America right now. It isn't perfect, but it isn't going to shut down in the next year either. The new revenue guy is providing hope. He says he needs 5 more airplanes for his new route structure and wants more pilots per aircraft for better utilization of the ones we have. All rumor of course, but it may be reason to have a little hope.

Agreed. With an IPO out of the question for the forseeable future, VX is going to be around as long as Branson wants it to. To him, it's a brand thing, and expanding his businesses into the US market is important to him. I think stagnant but secure is about as cautious a statement I could make. I don't think the aircraft deferrals are the final end-all for VX. The current plan of only 11 airplanes from 2013-2019 can change in a heartbeat. If they want 5 more Airbii this year or next, they can find and lease them.

Word is poolies in class in March and more needed for better aircraft utiliztion and crews per aircraft.

The new revenue guy is providing hope. He says he needs 5 more airplanes for his new route structure and wants more pilots per aircraft for better utilization of the ones we have. All rumor of course, but it may be reason to have a little hope.

Oh, and I heard NET profit for quarter 4. *fingers crossed*

Where do you hear all this stuff from??

I said it's all rumors. People who know people. Those people said lax-las is a done deal last week, and here we are.

Hey man....you left your pompoms in the flightdeck your last leg. I put them in your vfile.

Hmmmm, not sure how that post was construed as cheerleading. Either way. The rumors I hear are things that are mostly positive. That is very different from my last job. I don't blindly follow these rumors and think the company is established and will be around forever. I hope it will be. I feel this is the last big push for profitability. If it works, I am set. If it doesn't, we probably won't be around in a couple years. Yes, I think we will be around for at least a couple more years (that one is my opinion, not rumor).

Hmmmm, not sure how that post was construed as cheerleading. Either way. The rumors I hear are things that are mostly positive. That is very different from my last job. I don't blindly follow these rumors and think the company is established and will be around forever. I hope it will be. I feel this is the last big push for profitability. If it works, I am set. If it doesn't, we probably won't be around in a couple years. Yes, I think we will be around for at least a couple more years (that one is my opinion, not rumor).

You are a Virgin America cheerleader! Its OK though...not a bad thing. Its good to have insight on this site from someone who is actually working there and has not drank so much of the red koolaid. (ie. Tomcat)

Latest resources

Back