Virgin America is here

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AMRCostUnit said:
Damit anyway...I just KNEW someone was going to find a picture of that rat B*****d and sign on here. He has positive space travel for life too. An AA jet shoud never move with him on it.

Unit
ARRRRGH!

No hard feelings, AMRCostUnit. In the grand scheme of things, you were simply, well, a cost unit. Business is business, and my business was to get rich. Which I am. Now be quiet, I have to board my first class AA Toronto-DFW leg, and connect DFW-LGW. I have a stockholder meeting in London. We have IMPORTANT business to discuss there. Real important stuff. Nothing trivial like how to afford food and shelter. Stuff like stock options. It's important.

Andy said:
Sadly, they've probably got a ton of pilot applicants willing to work for starvation wages.
Sadly a ton of out-of-work applicants that have NO CHOICE if they want to return to aviation! What do you expect them to do??? If you were furloughed or unemployed, I bet you would be applying too!

General Lee said:
Since there are no more slots available at any large airport in the US, if Ryanair came to the US they would fly between outlying airports like they do in Europe. I can't wait to see Ryanair at Gary, Indiana and Ocala, FL. Who cares? They can have it. No worry about any European airline coming to the US, they would be crushed quickly. Virgin America will have problems at SFO due to the fog constraints and UAL already being dominant there, and it will be hard for them to find other hub space, since JB will likely go to STL and use the empty gates there. Can someone else come up with a large chunk of gate space at another major airport? COS may have some gates from the West Pac days.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General,

Long time, no type!

I have to disagree with you on this issue. I'm at JB now (used to be based in SFO with UA) and have seen more delays here on the east coast in 6 months than I did for six years based in the Bay Area. JB has made money with a high concentration in five of the most delay-plagued airports (JFK, EWR, LGS, BOS, FLL). Since SFO has very little LCC presence, I think that VA might do better than you expect. My disappointment is that JB didn't jump in there first.

Critics said the same thing about JB back when they started with flights out of JFK. Weather delays and heavy competition from US (LGA), CO (EWR), DL and AA at JFK. United isn't out of the woods and is susceptible to an attack from a LCC at SFO.

Cheers!

GP

Speaking of out of work pilots, isn't there about to be a huge controller shortage that's needs filling? Those wages, I hear are competitive to pilot's wages.

Don Carty said:
No hard feelings, AMRCostUnit. In the grand scheme of things, you were simply, well, a cost unit. Business is business, and my business was to get rich. Which I am. Now be quiet, I have to board my first class AA Toronto-DFW leg, and connect DFW-LGW. I have a stockholder meeting in London. We have IMPORTANT business to discuss there. Real important stuff. Nothing trivial like how to afford food and shelter. Stuff like stock options. It's important.

Hey Don!

Sorry I haven't taken time to write a thank you note for hiring me as a consultant. It's good to see that you have a stack of applicants willing to fly for food stamps. (One question on a lot of those applicants. Where exactly is this "Embry-Riddle" place, and does "Star Trek Fan Club" count in the "Related Experience" column?)

Sorry I don't have time to chat more but I have to tend to family business. As you know, I had a new bouncing baby boy born on June 6th. Have to go now. Damian is crying...

So why is everyone picking on Virgins.....

AA717driver said:
I won't work for VA for a penny under $85k/year.

Oh, wait, that would be a huge pay cut. Never mind... ;) TC

P.S.--What's up Helgeson?

.......hey, you got to start somewhere!!!

Latest resources

Back