Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Frank Lorenzo said:
Hey Don!

I had a new bouncing baby boy born on June 6th. Have to go now. Damian is crying...

I almost missed that part. LOL

The president has said he will allow more foriegn investment in the US airline industry. Wish it would remain in US hands but if were going to be de-regulated, let's be totally de-regulated. You can't blame Richard Branson or Frank Lorenzo for doing what we allowed them to do.

UEJ500 said:
Looks like more than 10 pounds each on your avatar.

Amen to that. You new pledge name is ... Sizzle Chest. Nice avatar.

From the web site.

Ryanair Pilots are recognised as the best paid short haul pilots in Europe. Senior pilots in Ryanair have excellent remuneration packages as follows:
UK Eurozone
Captains Up to £100,000 Up to €130,000
First Officers (1,500 hrs) Up to £70,000 Up to €80,000
At Ryanair there are no seniority lists and there are no complicated salary scales, you can expect to reach these amounts in 3 – 5 years, with more if you take on a line training role.

70,000 x 1.8 = 126,000 USD for a 3-5 yr fo.
Bitch about ryanair as much as you want no schd. Biding, no watter etc.. But you cant say any thing about the pay scale.(well maybe you can, but I would like to make this type of living and still be US. Based)

fxbat said:
Captains Up to £100,000 Up to €130,000
First Officers (1,500 hrs) Up to £70,000 Up to €80,000
)

Yes, but those are in pounds. But we still don't know pounds of what.

timetoquit said:
Sadly a ton of out-of-work applicants that have NO CHOICE if they want to return to aviation! What do you expect them to do??? If you were furloughed or unemployed, I bet you would be applying too!

I AM FURLOUGHED. I WAS UNEMPLOYED for a total of approximately 10 months over the last 4 1/2 years that I've been furloughed.
The last time that I flew an aircraft was 2002.

I'll wait to be recalled rather than continue to trash the profession by taking an entry level position. There are other things outside of aviation; it's also allowed me to get job skills outside of following a checklist and getting from point A to point B in an aerospace vehicle.

Business is business. I believe there are more autoworkers putting together Honda, Toyota, and BMW automobiles in the good ole US of A than there are UAW employees left in Detroit. This is a global economy and so be it, if VA comes to America, there will be no shortage of employees waiting in line to get on there either. If you will sit by and watch the industry pass you by, that's your perogative-- go sell some of those Honda, Toyotas, and Beemers then at your local dealership. Embry-Riddle will graduate plenty to take your place...

Latest resources

Back