4 $110 $112 $65 $66
5 $115 $120 $70 $72
6 $120 $124 $75 $74
7 $125 $127 $80 $78
8 $130 $132 $85 $79
9 $135 $137 $90 $79
10 $140 $144 $95 $79

Regardless heres the avg:
An Airtran Captain would make an average of $2.90/hr more IF they upgraded within a year.

An Airtran FO makes makes and average of $3.30/hr less if the FO's remain FO's for 10 years.

You don't think these payscales are on par with each other?

that's good info but, doesn't VA send you back to first year pay when you upgrade?? Also what do you have for a 401k match, a or b fund? not flaming here either.

that's good info but, doesn't VA send you back to first year pay when you upgrade?? Also what do you have for a 401k match, a or b fund? not flaming here either.

No you don't go back to 1st year pay. Your pay is based on longevity with the company. Right now the 401k is matched at 6%.

Oh yea, well does VA management fire employees who fight for their contract?

Do they treat you like the enemy instead of your biggest and best asset?

Do they fail at every turn and then blame the employees for managements mistakes?

Do they interpret your contract however it benefits them and then tell you to grieve it and drag the grievance process out for 4 years.

Do they threaten to fire your probationary employees to get minor concessions in your contract to save a couple retired eastern guys in the training department.

How dare you compare you substandard VA contract to ours because anything in our contract is really only a guideline subject to management interpretation.

Virgin America hates you!

I have seen the uniforms

This may just be pissing in the wind considering VA's financial performance. In my opinion if VA had been able to begin operations 2 years earlier they could be a much healthier company. Unless a miracle happens VA is done regardless of the " Branson's ego/deep pockets argument"

Let's see. VA is 2 years old. So the highest paid Capt. at VA is making $100 an hour. And it will be another 4 years of undercutting everyone else before VA's wages are close to comparable.

Posting the "top pay" rate is disingenuous at best. The current "top pay" Capt. rate at VA is $100. All the rest are "prospective top pay" rates. They can be changed at any time upon the whim of VA management.

Let's see. VA is 2 years old. So the highest paid Capt. at VA is making $100 an hour. And it will be another 4 years of undercutting everyone else before VA's wages are close to comparable.

Posting the "top pay" rate is disingenuous at best. The current "top pay" Capt. rate at VA is $100. All the rest are "prospective top pay" rates. They can be changed at any time upon the whim of VA management.

3 yr capt pay is the highest right now. But your argument really makes no sense. So you are saying 1st year capt pay should be $140 - $150 so it will avg out with 8-10 yr Capts elsewhere?

You cannot use the 1st 4 years of Capt pay as a comparable figure. How many other airlines have a 1-4 year Capt? None. So saying that we are "undercutting" 12 year Capt pay with our 1-4 year Capt pay is absolutely ridiculous. You have to compare 1 to 1, 12 to 12, etc.

Our 4th year FO pay is around $118/hr. I made $108/hr as a 3rd year FO. Second year was making $98/hr. The conversion at APC is off by about $10 per hour. First year pay was around $59/hr without counting second year pay trips. Then it averaged about $67/hr. I know I know SWA isnt a start up airline. Neither is the VA brand. Glad to hear about the longevity thing though. Good luck to all.:beer:

Of course the above pay rates can differ. It depends on how productive you can make the system.:D

Last edited:
But you have no 12s. And your airline is "competing" with a bunch of 2s.

And that is undercutting the labor rates of the airlines with 12s.

Pure and simple.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back