• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America hangs as its hedge fund owners get antsy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anybody wanna take a guess on when VA will cease operations?

Yesterdays news reads that the US shareholders are out yet still on the board filling a seat. Alaska is claiming the board members have no fiduciary value to the airline and Virgin Group is in violation of ownership regulations.

Is anybody familiar with the enforcement code on this? How long does VA have to get investors to occupy those board seats? Is there performance required? How long can Branson play games searching for new investors to sit at the table?

Read the DOT show cause order granting the certificate. The recall rights and redemption process were spelled out in advance.

I'll take that as you don't have any.

Question #2: What are your vacation and sick time accrual rates and maximums?

That wasn't in response to you. Our standard daily rig is the greater of what you work, where scheduled to work, or 3.5 hours. We get 125% over 82 hours or when offered by scheduling.

Vacation is essentially 1 week of vacation for every year with the company.

We have unlimited sick time.

Last edited:
I wonder what Southwest paid their employees/pilots when they started 25 years ago and where a crappy outfit with a couple of old planes. Now they are a respectable airline with great work rules.I just do not understand why a 1.5 year old airline is compared to companies that are around for years and have gone through several contract negotiations to get where they are now....
I hope VA survives, have flown on them several times and they are the best. can't stand the other carriers with old equipment and employees with sh$tty attitudes, oh wait the all work for excellent wages and workrules, not....

metro,

Someday when you have some experience in the airline industry you'll realize that scumbag outfits like VA drag the industry down to their level.

That wasn't in response to you. Our standard daily rig is the greater of what you work, where scheduled to work, or 3.5 hours. We get 125% over 82 hours or when offered by scheduling.

Vacation is essentially 1 week of vacation for every year with the company.

We have unlimited sick time.

Industry Norms are:
TAFB Trip Rig is 1 for 3.5, VA = ?
Daily/Duty Period = 5 hours, VA = 3.5
Duty Time = 1 for 2, VA = ?

SWA rigs are much better than those.

What is your sick time accural rate?

Question #3: Loss of License Plan?

The point is that pay values are only 1/8 the story. Super you get $100 an hour for a 4 day trip that credits 14 hours ($1,400) vs 22.8 hours (2,285.00).

As long as pilots only point to airlinepilotcentral.com pay charts this profession is screwed.

Last edited:
Amen, splert, amen.

You're my new FI hero.

Latest resources

Back