• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America - April 14th class.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We took a 35% pay cut and we still have higher wages............how embarrassing for you.:uzi:

Last edited:
Comparing Aloha to Alaska is pretty lame. Alaska has about $900 million in cash, has had record profits the last couple years, and is one of the few airlines predicted to be profitable this year, even with oil at $105/ppb.

Besides, if you think pilot wages are what makes a company go out of business, you need to go back to school.:rolleyes:

Comparing Aloha to Alaska is pretty lame. Alaska has about $900 million in cash, has had record profits the last couple years, and is one of the few airlines predicted to be profitable this year, even with oil at $105/ppb.

Besides, if you think pilot wages are what makes a company go out of business, you need to go back to school.:rolleyes:
Thanks for the advice and good luck with that attitude.

Not to mention how happy the guys are at Alaska. I am sure its a blast to work there.

QCappy:

Yes, AS has higher rates but it takes 12 years to get there. I left AS after 2 years to come to VX and went from 61.66/hr to $95. To me that's a payraise and I will continue to make more an hour for the next 10 years and that's at our current payscale. So show me how I would have made more staying at AS? Plus, for the first time in 3 years, I really enjoy coming to work again and in all honesty, that means a lot more than money to me.

Good luck at AS, I'm pulling for all of you guys in your contract talks. I hope that you get most of that 35% back.

Take care!

Not to mention how happy the guys are at Alaska. I am sure its a blast to work there.
Yeah they're a bunch of real stand up guys...one of them(JJR) denied the jumpseat to our guy this past week. I'll take the high road on this and let it speak for itself. Hopefully he is in the minority!

Last edited:

Hmmmmmmm. Then why did you accept a 35% decrease in pay if its insignificant? :smash:

Spin,

Don't take JJR's deal as the standard for AS guys/gals. By far most of them are some of the nicest people you could work with. He is one of the very few exceptions.

Take care!!!

Latest resources

Back