Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Van ride with another crew, interesting comment...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TEXAN AVIATOR said:
So I'm riding with my crew to the hotel, along with a crew from another airline. It started with the "who do you fly for?" We told them, and I asked how about yourself, "MESA". It kinda got silent, then one of them talks about the CRJ-900. Someone asks, "what are the rates like for the 900?" One replies with, get this... "who cares man it's a 900, that thing is huge!":angryfire

Since when do you ask someone you just met how much money they make? Your mother would be very ashamed. :smash:

Actually I had a mainline crew ask me what we make on the 701 the other day and when I told them they were disgusted. :angryfire

TEXAN AVIATOR said:
So I'm riding with my crew to the hotel, along with a crew from another airline. It started with the "who do you fly for?" We told them, and I asked how about yourself, "MESA". It kinda got silent, then one of them talks about the CRJ-900. Someone asks, "what are the rates like for the 900?" One replies with, get this... "who cares man it's a 900, that thing is huge!":angryfire

Yawn. Next.

TEXAN AVIATOR said:

Been at the company for about 2 years and just got my upgrade...funny, if things work out like I plan, I'll hopefully be out of here in another two. Hopefully, you don't plan on being where you are for the rest of your career. Anyways, to each his own. We have our headaches but knowing what I want hasn't been as bad as I thought. By the way, all regional pay suck, best of luck.

kj6991 said:
TA you said in your post your crew was the only other crew in the van and that "someone asked what are the pay rates for the 900 like." But i can only assume it was you or your crew that asked about pay rates to the Mesa crew after a long day.
Nope, it wasn't me.

Saying the 900 is huge by the Mesa guy might have been the most crafty thing to say. But your the guy that has to post EMB-145XR and Gold Seal on your profile and post yippy Expressjet articles when your right out of training, and frankly, nobody really cares your in an XR or that your Gold Seal. You could be furloughed and out of a job tomorrow and working along side that same Mesa crew 3 months later. Toolbox

I’m proud of my success as a CFI, and furloughed or not I won’t work at Mesa. Frankly, you can go fuq yourself douche-bag.

people wonder why ALPA doesn't have One Union/One Seniority List, etc.

obviously we don't all deserve to be treated the same. a lot of us (including myself occasionally) behave as children. until we all grow up and act as professionals do...we will continue to earn crap wages and have contracts shoved down our throats.

speak with intelligence and lay off the personal attacks. it serves absolutely no purpose.

Palomino said:
... lay off the personal attacks. it serves absolutely no purpose.
I respectfully disagree that it serves no purpose: it absolutely serves a purpose. As long as the workgroups keep at each others' throats management can use that animosity to leverage us against ourselves. It is one of management's more effective tactics.

What continues to astonish me is that supposedly intelligent people fail to realize this and perpetuate the issue, thereby assisting management in keeping wages and work rules down.

So here is a question for all you all you Mesa,. CHQ, SKW, PCL, CMR (etc,) bashers:

What would you be called if you were doing management's work for them? (hint: it is a device to make work easier, is usually found in a box or a shed. Starts with "T".

You are the enemy also. Or are at the very least aiding and abbetting.

Last edited:
Best van ride quote I've heard in a long time:

"This just isn't a career anymore."

-GooJets Captain during a discussion about low payrates at the regionals.

El Ocho said:
Yeah, I'm sure there are no tools at other airlines, just at Mesa.

You can hate Mesa but I'll tell you every time it is our Fricking CEO, not us that is the problem...

Maybe someday you'll take credit for the stupid things that happen at your company?

This is why everyone hates MESA..

Buddy, if your not part of the solution your part of the problem!

Jack Mehoff said:
He doesn't speak for the rest of us! Hes probly a san juaner and is going to be an FO for 5 years because he only has 200 hours. Its pilots like him that only care about flying a BIG RJ becase they have a lil rj down stairs. F-em! There are alot of really good guys at mesa. However they keep a low key. Its dorks like him that are aways out there say'n something stupid and making a great impression to everyone else.

There may be a lot of really good guys at Mesa, but no a lot of smart ones.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back