Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Van ride with another crew, interesting comment...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
squall line said:
At Mesa if you fly the CRJ, you are trained to fly ALL of the crj's. Why do you say there is a different training process? Junior CRJ CA's fly the 700/900's too. Yes, our new IAH base went senior for CA's due to pay since only 900's will fly there, but our other bases with 200/700/900 flying is fairly evenly spread out between all pilots because of the way lines are built.

SL

I was under the impression that the 700/900 had a seperate training process than the others. If that is inaccurate then I stand corrected.

My point is still that it probably takes years to hold CRJ900 Captain at Mesa versus months to hold 145 Captain at XJT to make the same amount of pay. Over time that adds up to a significant amount of money.

Last edited:
There is a differences groundschool that lasts 3 days, and captains are required at least one "bounce" to be qualified, but that's all I know of. Anybody going through CRJ training now is trained in all 3 models. Other companies require more extensive training, but not here. I think Comair keeps their 200 and 700 fleets separate...is that correct?

I have read your contract -- that is where you blow our company out of the water. I don't think differences in aircraft size pay makes that much of a difference when you consider other things such as the contract and QOL issues.

SL

I don't think differences in aircraft size pay makes that much of a difference when you consider other things such as the contract and QOL issues.

SL[/quote]

This is the problem that every one is ranting about. You don't care if there are different payrates for different sizes of a/c!?!?!? I'll take the higher payrates on a bigger airplane, afterall, that's what senority gets you. Regardless if you're a new-hire or a senior pilot, you would all have the same QOL standards by your thinking. Part of having some seniority is being able to bid this larger a/c and make more money. I agree also that we could all use better QOL standards, but i'll put up with some of the crap if they'll pay me more on the bigger a/c. And, in order for QOL standards to make up for lack of pay, it would take some serious negotiating to get such standards, which would never happen. Flying different size a/c for one rate is not the answer to any problems....unless you work in Mgt.

IFlyFL410 said:
I don't think differences in aircraft size pay makes that much of a difference when you consider other things such as the contract and QOL issues.

SL
This is the problem that every one is ranting about. You don't care if there are different payrates for different sizes of a/c!?!?!? I'll take the higher payrates on a bigger airplane, afterall, that's what senority gets you. Regardless if you're a new-hire or a senior pilot, you would all have the same QOL standards by your thinking. Part of having some seniority is being able to bid this larger a/c and make more money. I agree also that we could all use better QOL standards, but i'll put up with some of the crap if they'll pay me more on the bigger a/c. And, in order for QOL standards to make up for lack of pay, it would take some serious negotiating to get such standards, which would never happen. Flying different size a/c for one rate is not the answer to any problems....unless you work in Mgt.[/quote]

Hey
Don't get me wrong, I completely agree with you! Our contract just needs a TON of work. ExpressJet's contract is a great example of what our pilots should be fighting for.
SL

MESA airlines is JUNK. They should have been scrapped along with the rest of the FAG JET crews. I carry the list of FAG JET and BLOW JET spanks and they will never ride when im flying.

MESA airlines is JUNK. They should have been scrapped along with the rest of the FAG JET crews. I carry the list of FAG JET and BLOW JET spanks and they will never ride when im flying.

shut up, you fly for a jacked up airline as well, good luck upgrading int hte next 5 yrs

TEXAN AVIATOR said:
I’m proud of my success as a CFI, and furloughed or not I won’t work at Mesa. Frankly, you can go fuq yourself douche-bag.

I'm very proud of you too!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back