• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAPA sues some America West Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The best solution is for this place to go out of business all together. You see that way we can rid the earth of the east scab mentailty...

WD.

One of the only folks who actually hopes an airline goes out of business. ??

The fact that he wants his own airline to go out of business is pretty telling of just how much USCABA is trying to rape him.

You're simply guessing that they've conformed to all RLA laws. The impending DFR lawsuit, that is getting easier to prove by the day, is just waiting for those morons to introduce section 22 during negotiations.

Then we'll see whose conforming to the law. The Nic. award process was legal, agreed to, final and binding. There is no doubt about that. Therefore, your smug statement of "Duly elected" doesn't mean crap to me. This game can go both ways.

Well, don't have a dog in this fight, but just thought I would let you know that it is normally 'very difficult' to win a DFR suit. How did that whole DFR thing work out for the TWA pilots? And, how about all the other DFR suits that have been filed over the years and most have never gone anywhere. Point being, whatever 'new' list is put in place, if it has reasonable conditions and restrictions to protect an employee's position and career progression; and most of all, if it is deemed to be 'fair' then that is all the court will look at. All the court normally looks at is if the list is 'fair' and reasonable.

And, if are betting that the new union would be obligated to use the previous arbitration award, then you are probably going to be disappointed. You will have to look at the difference between a 'private arbitration' and a NMB ordered arbitration?? The arbitration, like any seniority integration award, means Nothing, until it is incorporated into a CBA (collective bargaining agreement).

My advice (not that you will take it) is to get involved in the new union and work toward a solution that Everyone can live with. If you are betting totally on 'winning' what you want in the courts; you will probably spend mucho $$$$, years of time, and in the end, probably lose. Not a smart gamble, but what the he!!, go for it, no one ever said pilots were supposed to be smart.

For what its worth.

PD

The fact that he wants his own airline to go out of business is pretty telling of just how much USCABA is trying to rape him.

I will give the benefit of the doubt that he actually is a USAir/AW pilot. I still say that anyone who’s desire is to send 5000+ pilots to the street is a bit soft

Well, don't have a dog in this fight, but just thought I would let you know that it is normally 'very difficult' to win a DFR suit.

Yep, but this one is pretty much a slam dunk case.

Yep, but this one is pretty much a slam dunk case.

NO such thing. Sorry, Mr. PFT. Any lawyer that tells you or anyone else that a case is a "slam dunk case" is either a fool or an idiot. And, believe me this case a farrrrrrrrr from a slam dunk, again sorry. And, what happens when they spend big $$$$, and years of time, and lose??

Again, old great alpa chearleader one, tell me how that whole DFR thing worked out for the TWA guys?? I never heard how that turned out, did they win??

PD

NO such thing. Sorry, Mr. PFT. Any lawyer that tells you or anyone else that a case is a "slam dunk case" is either a fool or an idiot. And, believe me this case a farrrrrrrrr from a slam dunk, again sorry. And, what happens when they spend big $$$$, and years of time, and lose??

Really? Because I understand the East negotiators told the East boys DOH was a slam dunk with Nic. So maybe it's not the lawyer that's an idiot; maybe it's the client. But hey, that's just my opinion and I may be wrong...

The only winners here are going to be USAPA's AWESOME team of legal experts.

Latest resources

Back