Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Boyfriend of an attorney Wave?

Wow.....What's his name?

Well thank you... That really means a lot to me...

So as an attorney, you would advise a client to use and unofficial seniority list for a merger??

I would advise my client, especially at this stage of the game, that the list agreed to by both parties in binding arbitration is going to stand. Your hypothesis above and merely labeling it "unofficial" because you do not like the results does not change the legal exposure and minefield for anyone to accept anything but a previously agreed upon binding arbitration.

You have spent an awful lot of money and thereby made certain lawyers very wealthy that are telling you what you want to hear rather than what you need to listen to.

And how long have you been an attorney???? Or are you just back in school for such.

Just passed the bar, Georgetown Alumni.

Boyfriend of an attorney Wave?

Wow.....What's his name?

Really?
Did you know they let women be attorneys these days? They can go to court and everything- crazy, huh- I like my women smarter than me- keeps me learning and challenged- is a good thing-
As for the gay quip- that's not an insult to me at all- just happens to not be accurate in my case- but far from an insult caveman bill.

Nice drift though- what do you think of usapa's stand at BK wages? You're at delta- they're dragging you down too- what do you think?

My American friends are really hoping it's the Nic, because they think it would be really cool to fly with some young Captains who are hip and like to party. I told them "dude, those young guys with Super Seniority will be in your way for the rest of your career!" But they all say "dude...." And I go "dude...." And then we head for the bar.

I would advise my client, especially at this stage of the game, that the list agreed to by both parties in binding arbitration is going to stand. Your hypothesis above and merely labeling it "unofficial" because you do not like the results does not change the legal exposure and minefield for anyone to accept anything but a previously agreed upon binding arbitration.

You have spent an awful lot of money and thereby made certain lawyers very wealthy that are telling you what you want to hear rather than what you need to listen to.

Just passed the bar, Georgetown Alumni.

Well first, I would imagine an schooling as an attorney would have taught you to keep your mouth shut unless you know all the facts (or have a reasonable knowledge the the predominate facts) of a case. The previously agreed upon binding arbitration was an internal process to determine a bargaining position of a contract. That party is no longer alive on property. Show me where the courts have hand tied parties on how they can bargain?

Second, what he was actually alluding to, was the MDA lawsuit, in which US has already confirmed those formerly MDA pilots were actually recalled US pilots. That little fact, results in ALPA agreeing to an illegal call back, and should have had about 500 more pilots listed as active and not furloughed. This alone would have changed the dynamics of this so called list NIC generated.

Hmmm....Last time I thought I saw you, you were with republic out of SDF, still waiting on daddy to use his contacts to get you in at UPS, because you were going to be a UPS capt before 30.......where do you fit it all in?

And the morale of the story is......they should have let USAir sink, and eat the pickings...

Oly;
I would ask the following questions:

1. How soon do you want a contract?
  2. How much longer do you want to work under LOA 93?
  3. How willing are you to get involved?
While voting out USAPA because it has been a dismal failure in its present form, the fact remains that WE could change the fabric and leadership of USAPA with enough votes in the next couple months. If we can accomplish that, we can move to change the CBL's and reconstruct the key committees (NAC, Merger, Communication, Grievance, etc) so as to return to the business of a new contract and a potential merger.

All of this can be done in less than 6 months. A card drive will last at least that long. Once a new CBA is voted in, it would take at least a year to reconstruct the hierarchy (ALPA for instance) and get back to the negotiating table. Waiting for ALPA to return and a new contract through ALPA would be a 1.5 to 3 year wait. That is TOO LONG!

While we await a new CBL drive, how about getting on board with changing USAPA into a TRUE INDEPENDENT UNION? Are you a MIG? That is the first step. Go to: www.reformusapa.com and complete the three petitions that help to change the CBA's constitution & bylaws.

Respectfully,
CB

Eric , er I mean CB

Why do you even care about LOA 93 - it is not the contract you operate under!
Lets be truthful here - you just want the Nic so you can take advantage of the attrition coming to the East pilots.

Although I am disappointed with many issues on the East - we are capturing our attrition quite fairly right now, and we don't plan on giving that up.

You should just be happy that your on a "better contract". If you really wanted to move forward with the East - why is their no discussions anymore about conditions and restrictions that we BOTH could live with. (for example - if a west pilot wants to bid East - he has to use DOH - if a East guys wants to bid West - he has to use Nic, and if we can get the company to agree to a minimum fleet and block hours for both East and West - do you think that could work?

If/when the judge rules in the latest court battle - either way - the courts cannot take away mine or YOUR right to vote for a CB.

I know we both agree we are ready to get a better contract for both - but at what cost?

Respectfully,
Metrojet

Latest resources

Back