Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Furloughed Again,
Thanks for a great post!
I want to thank you for helping put me more at ease with a very recent decision that I made. I think you hit the nail right on the head, Family is everything, everything else just supports the family......
Good luck and don't look back!

Glad you were able to come to a decision that works for you. Love your icon by the way!

I try to keep mine away from airplanes, personally. <grin> Maybe if I hang out with doctors, lawyers, or politicians he'll have different career goals when he grows up.

"Daddy, I want to be a CEO!"

Unfortunately every time he sees an airplane he looks up and waves his hands and makes an airplane noise. Must be in the genes. (sigh)

Just put a dog shock collar on him (set it on the lowest setting!) and zap him a little whenever he looks at an airplane with admiration. That'll take care of it.

I keed, I keed. Mostly.

I don't know. I sure enjoyed the time I spent with my father when he was giving me flight instruction. I might like to do that someday.

Maybe I can convince him that it's a good hobby, just a lousy career... any chance of that?

I don't know. I sure enjoyed the time I spent with my father when he was giving me flight instruction. I might like to do that someday.

Maybe I can convince him that it's a good hobby, just a lousy career... any chance of that?

Nope, he'll catch the bug like the rest of us!

It could be worse tough.......

Fly Low -- with 4 walkers and only 9 keepers, I'm guessing it was another class that will produce less than 50% of what management needed. Class or 18 to 20 should have been the plan. If six didn't show, and 4 walked out the door, when is the next class scheduled? I'm guessing some of those folks who we are hiring in November are going to get Mainline equipment and not all will be slammed into the 190. Keep us updated if all 9 stay to the end of this week. It's going to be really interesting to see how HR will work to compete for new blood - CAL, UA, DL, and US all trying for the same dude. We might get some young RJ FOs, but how long will they stay if this pilot labor mess doesn't get setteled?

Latest resources

Back