• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAir Furlough Recall: My Decision

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm guessing some of those folks who we are hiring in November are going to get Mainline equipment and not all will be slammed into the 190.

the 190 is mainline equipment (all-be-it the pay needs to go up) - we don't need anymore flying contracted out.

What are you talking about? You can't use you're career expectations from 1999 for a merger in 2006. When the merger was announced you where furloghed while I was looking at a 5-6 year upgrade. This is what drives us on the West nuts. Absolutely no concept of reality on the East side.

Maybe no concept of reality on either side. Why don't both sides grow nad$ and demand more $ than either side makes. Both sides are measly. Just my opinion, I could be wrong... no I'm right.
Should be "your". Maybe "you're" drunk.

Last edited:
Recall

What's the purpose of showing up just to walk out?

The issue has to do with the "catch up" retirement contribution. As part of a previous agreement, furloughed pilots hired before 1998 are awarded $1,200 a year for every year of active service.
If the pilot is under 50 years old, he/she must return for a least 1 day to be eligible for the money. That is why people are showing up to claim their money.
The obvious question is why would you be required to show up as opposed to handling the transaction on paper. I don't know the answer. I believe it's an IRS rule.

By the way. Thanks to Captain Bular for sending one last certified form letter twisting the knife by saying, "As of September 17th your name has been removed from the US Airways seniority list."

Sheesh.

By the way. Thanks to Captain Bular for sending one last certified form letter twisting the knife by saying, "As of September 17th your name has been removed from the US Airways seniority list."

Sheesh.

BTW. It's also listed on the APL as resigned. That's what you did. Right?

What are you talking about? You can't use you're career expectations from 1999 for a merger in 2006. When the merger was announced you where furloghed while I was looking at a 5-6 year upgrade. This is what drives us on the West nuts. Absolutely no concept of reality on the East side.

Thats why merging using career expectations is screwed up. In this industry no one can accurately predict where they will be in 3 years, let alone 20 years.

Date of hire is the only way to go!

Sheesh.

Yeah, I liked that touch too. I wasn't home and got the slip for a certified from USAirways. Began wondering: are they offering me one last shot to try and get as many folks back as possible? Half-joked to the wife that maybe they were sending me the wings they took back when I was furloughed (kinda wish they had). But no, just another waste of money by good 'ol USAir, as if I didn't know that I'd resigned already. <Sigh>

Latest resources

Back