USA Jet for Sale

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi.

There's not much freight business to be had in the future, which is why USA Jet is trying (successfully, to this point) to expand their PAX business.

MYR is scheduled to go to almost daily, and then a 1 year contract for 1 or 2 planes, and maybe extended for 2 years.

cliff
YIP

Hi.

There's not much freight business to be had in the future, which is why USA Jet is trying (successfully, to this point) to expand their PAX business.

MYR is scheduled to go to almost daily, and then a 1 year contract for 1 or 2 planes, and maybe extended for 2 years.

cliff
YIP

We all understand that the freight biz is not what it used to be. We all understand that expanding the PAX biz is going to be good, but USA JET's upper management, the ones making all the calls are not making the right calls.

Example- buying a long range PAX aircraft. Why put the same engines on it? Now you have an aircraft that is just like the rest. Can't go into every airport, can't be 100% marketable. This was the companies chance to pull the trigger and buy -17's and they didn't. Someone said that the company has deep pockets, I don't think so.

Also, W2B, ch IS interested in hearing from his employees. He told us to use his company email, and also gave his personal email out. He said we could email him publicly (like our co. email) or anonomously. He didn't care-he just wanted any suggestions/problems brought to him. Obviously, he may not do what I, or U, think should be done, as he has a different perspective.

Cliff, if CH gave 2 craps about what you or any other peon pilot think, he would walk down once and while and check out the ops area. There are always pilots sitting around. Yet he never even takes the 30 second walk down there. Do you really think he's gonna listen to emails? He doesn't care about anyone's objectives except his own and the owners that hired him. I'm not so sure you'd be so positive about CH if you had gotten the axe on bloody Monday.

Last edited:
It could they are selling airplanes to keep the company alive and preserve jobs, or buy new airplanes like MD-80's. Active Aero trip count is a pretty good indicator of on-demand cargo movement, it is down big time.

Selling our junk to by MD-80's, huh. All that junk isn't worth 1 MD-80. Lets face it you all, this company has no intension of taken a risk. They sit back and watch others who have the balls to spend money, make money.

All the Falcon's they just parked are going to rot just like the ones down at the end of the ramp. No one is going to buy them because the engines on them are useless. They need our engine program and nobody has the cash for that.

Besides this, there are too many VP's with there own personal interests involved. If they can't scam some money from some shady deal, the aircraft will rot.

News Flash-

Maintenance is getting N812AA ready to fly. Its been sold to some rich family in Dudai. Rumor also is that Pilotyip is going to fly it there.

Some rich family is buying a tired cargo Falcon? -kingaira90

Heck, I think most people knew 812 was sold about 6 weeks ago. The Saturday before everyone was let go it was in the mx hanger. The fact they sold a plane that was parked anyways is very minor. Out of all the Falcons, I'm glad they are selling that POS first.

Possible new plane???

Just saw some very large USA Jet decals coming off the press at an A2 print shop. Very similar to what goes on the side of a DC-9. Maybe they finally got those 737s they've been promising...

Or they are just putting logos on the plane that was being used down in San Juan? It was just white before, and they put some Non USA Jet decals on it for the contract. Last I saw it, it still had those on it and was sitting in YIP. They also have a "new" DC-9 that they purchased earlier this year that is rumored to be coming into service, but the other rumor is that they are parking freighters, making for a net gain on zero planes? I'm not sure if all that all that is factually correct though. I'm a outsider looking in these days. There is a big meeting today. Maybe something positive will come out of it.

Very interesting rumor though.

Latest resources

Back