Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to be so late sending my condolences, thoughts and prayers...been a tough couple of months around YIP and lots of families need our support right now.

there is nothing offical. I am at the site for USA Jet there is no way that road was mistaken for a RW. it was night the road is not lighted

First off, condolences to all the families involved in this awful crash. I feel terrible for all the families and for USA Jet. This was a bad weekend for the freight community.

Secondly, that road just north of the airport is actually lit up better than the runway sometimes. I usually use that road at nights when circling from the VOR DME 17 circle to land 35. I think you have bad info pilotyip. Don't mistake this as Monday morning quarterbacking please, just stating the facts.

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone involved!
RIP fallen freight dog

Cherry, they ended up on the SOUTH road. Since YIP is there, I'd venture to say his info is pretty good.

cherry 20 i have beenflying frieght for ten years. I have been to saltillo 182 times. Pilot yip was on the ground. The road pilot yip is talking about is not always lit. i know that for a fact. it is best to be neutral and let the professionals look at all the facts.

Surprized

Does anyone know if the First Officer has been or will be transported to the U.S. for much better medical attention?
I was surprized, Chris is in a private hosp, the intentsive care unit is very modern. He is not stable enought to travel yet, but it looks like he is getting the proper care. His family is down here.

cherry 20 i have beenflying frieght for ten years. I have been to saltillo 182 times. Pilot yip was on the ground. The road pilot yip is talking about is not always lit. i know that for a fact. it is best to be neutral and let the professionals look at all the facts.

Calm down everyone, I am not trying to start anything here so chill out. As I recall, the highway to the northeast of Saltillo is lit, as I said. I don't know what road the plane ended up on, south, north, whatever. I saw a picture of an overhead view of where the airplane came to rest in one of these articles. All I am saying was that I thought it was lit. I have also been flying freight for quite some time now and have also been to Saltillo over 100 something times too. I am not talking sh1t or trying to start anything here. Just wanted to know if anyone else remembered that road being lit.

Another thing to think about is if Pilotyip is there and the lights weren't working when he got there, it doesn't mean that they aren't lit. The plane could have taken out the power lines and they might not have fixed them yet. But like I said before, I am not trying to play Monday morning Quarterback!
I just thought the road was lit, simple as that....

Once again, RIP fellow freight dog

C
Another thing to think about is if Pilotyip is there and the lights weren't working when he got there, it doesn't mean that they aren't lit. The plane could have taken out the power lines and they might not have fixed them yet. But like I said before, I am not trying to play Monday morning Quarterback!
I just thought the road was lit, simple as that....

Ah, but you are. Let the facts come out, then discuss. ;)

.pdf graphic of the accident (Spanish)

http://www.zocalo.com.mx/PDF/saltillo_portada070708.pdf

FYI: This graphic claims they lost an engine on approach, I have seen nothing "official" on this just press speculation. FYI

There is some talk on a Mexico aviation forum, amongst Mexican pilots, fsmex.com, that the "mistook the road for the runway" is far-fetched.

http://www.fsmex.com/foros/viewtopic.php?t=28009&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Ah, I'm not, I guess you can blame the Mexicans for bringing it up and me making a simple comment that I thought it was lit...

Ah, I'm not, I guess you can blame the Mexicans for bringing it up and me making a simple comment that I thought it was lit...

If it was lit then maybe that is a possible scenario, indeed. But we don't know if it was lit or not. In addition, our pilot hermanos from Mexico on fsmex.com are not buying the "mistook-the-road-for-a-runway" theory and they are M-Fing the Mexican press in their forum.

It is worthy to note that a lot of posts on the fsmex.com site discuss how Monterrey was below mins for portions of that night and general cruddy weather over the entire region. So we will see.

FYI

Lets all say a prayer for a fellow freight dog and wish him a fast recovery.

not possible

The four years that I was a pilot at USA Jet there was never( ONE captain including LM) that I ever flew with who would take a visual in Mexico. It is almost unwritten SOP to deny a visual even when radar service was terminated. LM could not mistake a road for something on the plate while on the approach and neither would any other USAJ pilot I ever flew with from 2004-2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back