• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes it was a very quick glance. Under the USAir East proposal I would have went from the 50 percentile where I am right now on my existing senority list to the 75 percentile on their version of the combined senority list. Not to be outdone in its absurdity is the west proposal that would put me in the 33 percentile of their version of the senority list proposal.(Like that's gonna happen anytime soon. :rolleyes: ) I guess that's why the arbitrator called everyone back to the table in a few weeks. I don't think he's too impressed with what either side presented at the recently concluded hearings.

PHXFLYR:cool:

Last edited:
Your number one ends up at 909....with a 7 year fence. When it expires, he ends up very close to number 1 anyway and he can bid whatever he wants....

Hardly a poor place to be with all the retirements coming down the pike.

A350

As retirement age will surely change (ie the latest NPRM) surely that is false reasoning.

And as this is a recall thread.....

In a display of sheer genius

The East guys testified in the arbitration something to the effect that
"hey to get 160 guys to accept recall the company is sending out 500 letters"
so see we won't even have to slot very many of the furloughed guys in above active guys on the new Seniority list. They must not think very highly of the Arbitrators abilities. As it more than clear that the reason for most bypasses is the very question of what their seniority will be longterm. Only after that is resolved will we know who is really comming back etc.

Fast

Your number one ends up at 909....with a 7 year fence. When it expires, he ends up very close to number 1 anyway and he can bid whatever he wants....

A350

Again, don't have a dog in this fight.

But, maybe the guy from the West is say that he wants 'their number 1' (even after the 7 year fence), to be "Permanently Fenced" out of the A330 (and of course the A350, when/if it comes), as they NEVER (or EVER) had any 'career expectations' of flying one????

DA

I agree the west pilots did not expect to fly A350s. The east pilots however had no expectation of flying A350s.

A350

When it expires he'll be able to bid for a job as a Walmart greeter, because he will be retired.

The east side retirements aren't as valuable as you make them out to be. Roughly 40% of them are coming from the right seat and with the age 65 NPRM being rammed down our throats your dream list is well, just a dream.

What does Fair got to do with it?

How is it not fair? They were furloughed and had no career expectation. How can a person on the street come back and be senior to someone who is active on a seniority list and flying? Especially when all US Air East had planned prior to the merger was more furloughs and US AIR WEST was hiring 30/month. When it comes to it the arbitrator will decide but I just don't get what you guys are thinking with this? Why is that not FAIR?

Easties could argue that they were expecting to be in the top 100 of seniority for their last 10 years because of the 200-400 retirements per year over the next decade (even though they are furloughed now).

Westies could argue that USAir was going away soon.

Guys in the East (some that used to fly for Eastern) and are now furloughed could argue that they should not be junior to 2005 hires in the West (who are too young to have heard of Eastern Airlines.)

Guys in the West could say DOH don't matter for no one cause "we saved your airline".

Pilots Argue argue argue.

While mgmnt sings cha ching cha ching cha ching.

I thought this post was about UsAirways recalls.

Heh. Heh. It is just a preview of what will be added to Mohawk, Braniff, Eastern, Allegeny, PSA, USAir, Trump Shuttle, bitch and moan that has been going on for 20 years and after the next seniority integration will continue for another 20 years.

Yawn.

"Hows about we just raise the gear already." :D

Interesting Parker comments on the Feb 6 crew news in PHX. 3yr F/O stands up complaining about the stagnation and such on the West side.

Parkers comments basically. Well this merger has allowed you to keep your job. What we had was an airline with 20% less revenue and same cost as East. This was not going to work. If the merger had not happened, we would have declared BK and downsized by about 15% and you would not be standing here today. Basically the airline they had, was not going to work.

Basically the BK arguement is a zero sum game I believe...

Latest resources

Back