US Airways to hire

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MCDU

Word is 25/ month indef. starting in Jan/12. Rumor is 190's coming back. No hiring forecast for USAIR West division.

M

I heard the same RE the hiring from a reputable source. First I've heard about the 190's though.

Excited about more E190's? Is the union still looking for charitable contributions for 190 pilots? Remember this:

E190 Benevolence
Aware of the suffering of our 190 pilots, in particular our 190 First Officers, we have created this section as a place to post offers of benevolence from fellow pilots and others that may help our fellow pilots in their time of need.

So has USAPA done anything about the b-scale that continues except asking for handouts from fellow pilots? 100 seat Major airline pilot second year, $44hr. with 72hr guarantee about $1200 after taxes every 2 weeks...sad really.

Excited about more E190's? Is the union still looking for charitable contributions for 190 pilots? Remember this:

So has USAPA done anything about the b-scale that continues except asking for handouts from fellow pilots? 100 seat Major airline pilot second year, $44hr. with 72hr guarantee about $1200 after taxes every 2 weeks...sad really.

Better than Republic's top scale...

I ask this cause i just don't know. Are 190s mainline US Air? Considering the low pay, what are some dates of hire for the 190 FO?

Just wondering

jj

I ask this cause i just don't know. Are 190s mainline US Air? Considering the low pay, what are some dates of hire for the 190 FO?

Just wondering

jj

190's are mainline, the low pay is due to the rates being negoiated while in BK. The DOH of FO's on the 190 ranges from new hires (hired off the street this past summer to 1989(ish) DOH for the top few who chose to stay on it for bidding a sked - myself included in the latter. I could have bid group2 about a year ago for about $25/hour more pay but I have other projects in the works and want control of my sked.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity I looked into their pay scales. Wow. Are there really 10 year FOs making $55/hr?? Please tell me they are getting compensated more than this!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back