• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways to hire

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sure wish there was a way we could wager on this on FI.com! The company wants the judge to tell them the west can or can not sue them if they accept anything other than the nic if I understand it right and I bet the judge will basically decide he can't make that call. The company is liable to USAPA and USAPA is liable to the west pilots so your only recourse is DFR II against USAPA and only USAPA. But I've been wrong before.

A three party contract (TA) with two of the parties (USAPA & Co.) reneging on the agreed upon conditions (Nic is the list) of the merger. You bet your bippy there will be an injunction, lawsuit and a DFR.

Sure wish there was a way we could wager on this on FI.com! The company wants the judge to tell them the west can or can not sue them if they accept anything other than the nic if I understand it right and I bet the judge will basically decide he can't make that call. The company is liable to USAPA and USAPA is liable to the west pilots so your only recourse is DFR II against USAPA and only USAPA. But I've been wrong before.

East pilots have been chronically mis-informed for years. Do yourself a favor. Just stop reading all the USAPA lies and b.s.. Someday you're going to be shocked and amazed at the level of deception perpetrated by your fake union. I wouldn't be surprised if a law enforcement agency eventually came after the founding idiots and Cleary.

Cleary btw already has cross hairs on his forehead in the form of permanent injunction.

Even though you "may" get a fairly quick upgrade, you will still be working for a dysfunctional company, run by a drunkard and his gimp, with a limp-richard excuse of an onion, and the remainder of the pi$$ed off masses of eastwipes that have yet to retire....

ENJOY !!!

Better than Republic's top scale...

Actually it's not-

The saddest pay item in our airlines today is that an E175 capt flying for republic under USAir's flag makes $20/hr more than their mainline USAir counterpart for flying a smaller version of the same type.

Absolutely convoluted.

Republic E175= $119/hr
Republic E170= $109/hr
USAir. E190= $99/hr

And I guarantee republic pilots have better work rules and more opportunities to break guarantee

I dont care why USAPA was voted in- I just know the damage it's futile existence is doing- incredibly dumb stance they're taking-
Lawyers win. Mgmt wins. Pilots everywhere lose.

Actually it's not-

The saddest pay item in our airlines today is that an E175 capt flying for republic under USAir's flag makes $20/hr more than their mainline USAir counterpart for flying a smaller version of the same type.

Absolutely convoluted.

Republic E175= $119/hr
Republic E170= $109/hr
USAir. E190= $99/hr

And I guarantee republic pilots have better work rules and more opportunities to break guarantee

I dont care why USAPA was voted in- I just know the damage it's futile existence is doing- incredibly dumb stance they're taking-
Lawyers win. Mgmt wins. Pilots everywhere lose.

yeah but what maybe 5 of your guys are at top of scale. the rest are all about 5 year average time in service.

What you don't realize is how the AA integration will make you wish you'd never left Uncle Hulas. USAPA never provided anything when they were the majority. When APA is finished with them, they will pine for the days of the ALPA war chest.

yeah but what maybe 5 of your guys are at top of scale. the rest are all about 5 year average time in service.

My guys? Never worked there dude

2000 pilots there- takes 13 years to top usair rates- this is not 1999 - a relative few have been able to move on since 9/11 bc of all the insane outsourcing- factor in work rules and there are many more than you think making a lot more to fly a smaller version of the same type-
Hell, there are Mesa guys flying 50 seaters making more

Retirements - East (active), West (active), Total, Active (age 65 only)
2013 - 158 (109), 48 (33), 206, 142
2014 - 206 (155), 43 (38), 249, 193
2015 - 183 (142), 54 (41), 237, 183
2016 - 223 (171), 48 (41), 271, 212
2017 - 237 (181), 64 (47), 301, 228
2018 - 254 (204), 52 (47), 306, 251
2019 - 256 (201), 76 (65), 332, 266
2020 - 240 (195), 67 (56), 307, 251
2021 - 246 (175), 67 (57), 313, 232
2022 - 201 (161), 66 (55), 267, 216
Totals - 2204 (1694), 585 (480), 2789, 2174

If you look at the chart above you can see that Weasel Lips is full of it.

To get up to around 50 percentile on the east would require you to move up 1400 positions for a new hire on the east, thats around year 2020.

The year 2020 is still only 8 years away for 2012 newhires at your very pessimistic 50 percentile calcualtion.

The most junior group II captain is at 67 percentile on the east list, not 50%. Factor in a few early retirements + more A330's comming = more IRO lines. A 2012 newhire pilot will hold group II captain in 2017.

Latest resources

Back