• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways to hire

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dreaming.......Wait until the AA merger is over before you make any prediction. I hope you are correct but the past twenty years say no.....

Mandatory retirements say yes.

All that 80's crap you guys are hooked on was based on expansion and bad business plans. That is not the case this time.

USAIR is at it's min fleet size, no shrinkage. There are going to be 100's of retirements a year till this place is basically all new people.

5 year upgrades will happen.

Listen, I hope it works out for everyone. This airline has ruined or stalled a lot of careers over the years. Maybe it really is a new era at Airways. Buyer beware.

A newhire coming on next year is not going to have to worry about the E190 FO pay for long. With the massive retirements coming up they will be holding captain on anything in 5 years or less. E190 Captain in less then 2 years.

It is going to be one of the fastest upgrades in history at a major airline.

And for BK wages! Yeah! Might as well go to Allegiant. USAir sucks.

I'll see your '89 and raise you to '04

"Every one of you will upgrade in a MAXIMUM of 5 years due to growth based on aircraft orders alone"

AWA Newhire class, 2004

Yep, nobody new the east pilots were going to come in and steal everyones seniority. They deserve the industry's lowest pay till' the last day:)

Mandatory retirements say yes.

All that 80's crap you guys are hooked on was based on expansion and bad business plans. That is not the case this time.

USAIR is at it's min fleet size, no shrinkage. There are going to be 100's of retirements a year till this place is basically all new people.

5 year upgrades will happen.

That's right everybody we stole it from the west:rolleyes:
We may be stagnant, but you guys have the worst contract everrrrrrr. Enjoy:D

Will the app window reset? I applied back in April and didn't get a call, I would like to try again.
The last round, what was the average flt time for the guys hired?

Can I pm someone for some information? Thanks

Ok, have to ask this question: When are the newhire payrates for the 190 going to go up from the current slave wages? I've given thought applying to Airways, but to even make what I'm making at my regional job would take EONS at the current rates- EONS. (And I fly a turboprop.) The 190 payrates aren't even reasonable.

Ok, have to ask this question: When are the newhire payrates for the 190 going to go up from the current slave wages? I've given thought applying to Airways, but to even make what I'm making at my regional job would take EONS at the current rates- EONS. (And I fly a turboprop.) The 190 payrates aren't even reasonable.

Sorry to say it could be a long time. Those pay rates were there to get the 190s onto mainline's ticket and keep them away from the regionals. If the east hadn't ignored arbitration and voted in UCRAPA then we'd have had a new contract years ago and those rates wouldn't even exist.

Most likely you will not even be on the E190 more then a year. First year pay is actually higher on the E190 anyway. Otherwise, it is a flat $3,000 a month salary on the other types.

The payrates are going to be around a while. It will be seperate operations for at least 5 more years, but you will be logging A320 PIC by then anyway. At that point you can then go do contract flying in China.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back