• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways hiring in PIT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So, has anyone been through the interview yet? If so, what was it like?
Just curious if they told you, whats the schedule like there and how many days per year do they work?

My friends there said the schedule is 4 PMs, 2 off, 4 AMs, 4 off. New hires can expect to work a relief line, in which case you will work all over the office and have liitle structure to your schedule until you can bid a real line.

My friends there said the schedule is 4 PMs, 2 off, 4 AMs, 4 off. New hires can expect to work a relief line, in which case you will work all over the office and have liitle structure to your schedule until you can bid a real line.

Did they give you any idea on the average time it takes to get to that point?

Yikes, so even their most senior person has to rotate between days and afternoons???

I didn't ask about that specifically, but they didn't indicate that it was different for anyone. I'll ask again as the process continues.

Yikes, so even their most senior person has to rotate between days and afternoons???
I didn't ask about that specifically, but they didn't indicate that it was different for anyone. I'll ask again as the process continues.

No. The lines are built that way, but there is apparently a lot of swapping that goes on between folks to get the days off and shifts they want. Management doesn't seem to have an issue with the swaps and it sounds like a fairly liberal policy on swaps.

Last edited:
No. The lines are built that way, but there is apparently a lot of swapping that goes on between folks to get the days off and shifts they want. Management doesn't seem to have an issue with the swaps and it sounds like a fairly liberal policy on swaps.

WOW I thought our lines were bad.

At one time FedEX had a similar default schedule for there dispatchers and allowed for the swaps so dispatchers could stay on one shift.

I wonder why the lines aren't just created that way in the first place so everyone doesn't have to swap?

Latest resources

Back