• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways hiring in PIT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've spoken to several people since submitting my app, and now that the application window has closed, those they choose for interviews could be hearing something this month. The timeframe I'd heard was for interviews in April, with a possible class in May. One of the dispatch instructors thought that might be optimistic given what is required to set up a class; but he said it was possible. I'm just treading water at this time and letting the process work.

My latest info is that they should soon be scheduling interviews; they got about 160 applicants total, and will likely interview about 1/3 of them. There is also some speculation that, as they hope to wrap up contract negotiations soon, they may wait until that is concluded to see how many new hires will be needed. One of the concessions a few years ago during Chapter 11 was reduced vacation time, and if that snaps back they may require a couple more new people to help cover that. They also hope to get back a portion of the 30-35% pay cuts they took at the time, but that remains to be determined. So, I'm trying to be "anxiously patient".

Approximate starting pay that I was told is about $48K, although I haven't seen that in print. I assume there are shift differentials, holiday pay, OT, and all of that as well.

I was told that HR would be making phone calls to the top 25-30 candidates to set up interviews by today. Nothing so far, from myself or anyone else I know who applied. I guess HR works in mysterious ways....

In an industry based on on time performance, "patients" is only practised by people in HR.. Everywhere I look, these departments always march to a different band...

Good luck to you guys waiting.. I only hope the current oil prices don't wipe out alot of new hires hopes..today, at $110/bl... Seems the safest job in the airlines or anywhere for that matter, is as an HR rep.. Say...Hmmmm, Nah..I could not do that to people... nevermind.

Yeah, here we go again....trying to get hired with oil prices rising, the Middle East in turmoil, the economy uncertain....then Doug Parker sounds off again with merger rumors. Whatever. If they hire me I'm going, because this time around I have nothing really to lose; and if it works it would be a MUCH better gig than I have now.

Latest resources

Back