• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways hiring in PIT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My "informants" at Airways are about as frustrated as we all are. They are still working like crazy and would like to get some help, but it seems that somewhere up the food chain someone wants to wait as long as possible before hiring anyone. The June 27 class is supposedly still a possibility, but that date may slip. They are still in contract negotiations (which are either progressing or stagnant, depending on who you ask) and there is the looming chance of a 2% capacity reduction in the fall, and until yesterday fuel prices were still rising, so it seems that there is just enough uncertainty to keep us all waiting. That's all I've got for now.

I finally received an e-mail from them today regarding whether I am interested in an interview.

Here is the content of the e-mail (should answer some questions about pay anyway):

I’m corresponding regarding the Dispatcher position you applied for with US Airways in Pittsburgh.

The position details are below:

• Formal training lasts 6 weeks and includes on the job training.
  • Shift – midnights, afternoons, rotating days off.
    • Relief schedule with no more then 6 days in a row or 17 days in a month.
    • Takes a long time to get off of relief shift because of the seniority in the department.

• Competency check at the Dispatch desk once per year.
  • 5 hours of training per year in the jump seat.
  • Union position – must join the union.
  • Must attend recurrent training throughout the year.

• 5 classes which are predetermined
    • Scheduled during work time

• Salary – Yearly pay scale by steps which correlates to number of years in the position. Top out at 11 years.

• Step 1 (bottom of scale) - $45,036
    • Step 11 (top of scale) - $78,876
    • Currently the contract is under the negotiation process.
    • Pay rates subject to change if and when negotiations finish and if pay scale changes.

• Overtime

• Overtime is available
    • Mandatory overtime is minimal

Based on the information above please let me know by 5:00pm Eastern on Thursday, June 9th if you’re interested in being scheduled for an interview.

I got the same email today as well. Hopefully this means the process will start moving along. Good luck to all!

I got the email too, but declined as I moved on to another opening elsewhere.

Had Phase 1 of interview; next is to wait for the call for the technical knowledge test. Anyone else? Very nice, new facility out in PIT!

Latest resources

Back