US Airways' go-it-alone approach paying off

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jonny;
During that time pilot O'dell (who brought a job to the game)

Regards.

Since Mr O is now furloughed I disagree.

In addition, your pilot group is flying 24% of your block hours on the East side of the fence yet you continue to claim you 'brought jobs'.

Make no mistake, I don't want to see anyone out West on the street - just drop the attitude.

In addition, your pilot group is flying 24% of your block hours on the East side of the fence yet you continue to claim you 'brought jobs'.

Make no mistake, I don't want to see anyone out West on the street - just drop the attitude.

The flying between East and West has been intermingled. The West pilots have seen routes they have flown for years get transferred to East crews. You haven't "LOST" 24% of your flying to the West crews...even if that's what USAPA told you happened.

Ah the USAPA boogie man behind every sage cactus. Actually, it was our beloved CEO who rattled off the 24% vs 4% flying exchange.

As you pointed out, Colello was furloughed as of 2003. As a result of the merger he was recalled to the bottom of your list. On the Nicolau list, Colello was placed at the bottom of the combined list of employed pilots. How is that not fair?

Once all of the furloughed pilots are recalled and hiring resumes in PHX, DOH with USAPA's C&R's would allow east pilots to bid 50% of the captain vacancies in PHX. At that point, Colello could hold a captain's slot on the A320 in PHX. Explain to me how that's fair.

Guppiedriver;
I am sorry for any losses that you and other former US Air pilots have gotten in the past. The "It's not fair" arguement simply doesn't fly in an arbitration. The AAA MEC gave it's marching orders to the MC: "DATE OF HIRE!". At no point did the AAA MC shoot for a more reasonable approach that may have included some sort of LOS. During the entire process, the AAA MEC informed the AAA pilot group that DOH was a LOCK!

It remains to be a long and drawn out process. This all because one party chose to not honor an agreement that was entered into collectively. All the fancy arguements on how F&B arbitration only applies to the MC members only (and all the other nonsense) will not change the end result. The AWA may ultimately lose this battle, but there is one court that no one escapes. All actions, statements, secrets and folly are seen by the judge. It says so in the big manual.

You first .

PHXFLYR

Guppiedriver;
I am sorry for any losses that you and other former US Air pilots have gotten in the past. The "It's not fair" arguement simply doesn't fly in an arbitration. The AAA MEC gave it's marching orders to the MC: "DATE OF HIRE!". At no point did the AAA MC shoot for a more reasonable approach that may have included some sort of LOS. During the entire process, the AAA MEC informed the AAA pilot group that DOH was a LOCK!

It remains to be a long and drawn out process. This all because one party chose to not honor an agreement that was entered into collectively. All the fancy arguements on how F&B arbitration only applies to the MC members only (and all the other nonsense) will not change the end result. The AWA may ultimately lose this battle, but there is one court that no one escapes. All actions, statements, secrets and folly are seen by the judge. It says so in the big manual.

Huh? Re-read my post.....I am a westie.

Guppiedriver;

I can't see how the easties can ultimately win. There is no way in hell any court in the country would overturn the arbitrated award. The arbitration system is the safety valve for the court system to try to keep to a minimum the case backlog. If this is overturned it would be a true Pandora's box.

Or am I full of it?

I can't see how the easties can ultimately win. There is no way in hell any court in the country would overturn the arbitrated award. The arbitration system is the safety valve for the court system to try to keep to a minimum the case backlog. If this is overturned it would be a true Pandora's box.

Or am I full of it?

I don't believe the intent is to overturn the arbitration, it's just to draw out the process as they are benefiting (in USAPA's opinion) by getting closer to retirement in their current seats. It's effectively permanent fences until the SLI is consumated.
USAPA hasn't sued to have NIC overturned, their only hope is that an exasperated AWA group finally gives in to opening up negotiations (in the guise of a PWA) that agrees to an SLI outside the NIC list.
Otherwise, short of that, the status quo is what they are implementing and hoping for a "snap back" provision in their contract to possibly kick in.
Like I stated before, eventually the much younger AWA group will outlive the majority of the USAPA group and then they will have enough of a majority to retake the union helm of the company and implement what's left of the Nic list, but apparently it's going to take quite some time.

they are recalling pilots as of today

Latest resources

Back