• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Contract Projections

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm very happy I made the move as well. The company is much better-run than the regional I left. The training is top-notch. The instructors treat you like a customer. Reserve is not so bad if you can hold long-call as a commuter. Every captain has been fantastic. When I mention that I'm a new-hire they seem genuinely thrilled that I am here. They are friendly and patient on the days I take a stupid-pill. I feel good about the future here, with seniority-advancement already happening. In nine months I have 100 pilots below me, I can easily hold long-call reserve, and I'm only 100 numbers away from the 767 if I wished to go that route. When my pay finally comes up to industry-standard, this will be a dream job.

I spoke with a US Airways mainline new-hire this morning—he was unbelievably happy and excited about his career at LCC merger or not.

This pilot has been at US Airways for two months and he will be 50% up the E190 FO list by March.

Amazing.

Do any of you new hires plan on putting in at delta, fedex, united? Or is the mentality primarily to ride it out?

This is all anecdotal, but the prevailing opinion seems to be "hope for the best, prepare for the worst." I keep my apps updated at DL, FedEx, and United but I'd rather stay here for simplicity's sake.

Do any of you new hires plan on putting in at delta, fedex, united? Or is the mentality primarily to ride it out?

If there is a merger with American then new combined airline will be the biggest and probably the most profitable and I expect pay to be at number one or near number one.

If it doesn't happen, there is no airline in the US where a majority of the pilot group will retire as fast as Us air.

Anecdotal info.. Over the last 12 months our Bid Announcements show 3 FOs resigned. No info if they were all newhires or why they left.

It would definitely be preferable to not have to make a second move, im just thinking strickly in terms of income loss. I recently spoke with a 99 hire at US who said he is applying to delta as soon as they open the window. Might be something that management isnt expecting if his feeling as shared by many.

Any prospective new-hire should carefully look over the MOU to determine whether or not they will have any furlough protection before leaving their higher paying regional job.

Do you really want to go over the fiscal log flume in a log built by USAPA?

The west already flies 24% of east flying. So I guess that provision is checked...
Must suck sitting on the sidelines watching the east recapture its attrition.. Whadda ya say westies..Lets get a joint CBA, your DFR suit will then be ripe, then you guys/gals have a shot at winning the mystical award called Nic.
Things are moving quite fast. In two years there will be low hanging fruit for EVERYONE!! Lets ger er done..
..If not, just remember that time is on OUR side..

You just don't get it do you. It doesn't matter what you and the west decide. Management isn't going to be complicit in you're stupid plan. What are you going to do? Get released to strike? What are you going to say? We need to strike because management won't let us renegotiate, because they'll get sued and lose? Go ahead, we'll be LOAO. Enjoy LOA93, you're going to be on it for a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time.

Really? Is it entertaining? To me its boring, embarrassing and an example of greedy retards who are too dumb to negotiate with each other.

?? We (both pilot groups & the company) agreed to a TA & the merger process lined out in ALPA merger policy. The AAA MEC chose Geo. Nicolau as the mediator / arbitrator. He delivered the seniority list following testimony & law. That list is final and binding on all parties. Changing the union name to evade said seniority list is legally, morally & ethically wrong.

How & why should the PHX base pilots "negotiate" with people that have no integrity. How do we now trust the promise that the next agreement will be honored vs. the last agreement? What would be "dumb" is to negotiate with terrorists.

Sorry. Not buying. The Nicolau seniority list is the middle ground. It is the compromise. It IS the only legal seniority list that is sitting on Dug's desk.

We'll wait for the courts to make the final judgement (since LCC mangagement is incapable of actual leadership with regard to this subject matter). USAPA should IMMEDIATELY make Dug accept the DOH (or DOH-lite) seniority list with a new contract. Then we can move this along to the second DFR lawsuit.

Let's get this train out of the station and move on!

Latest resources

Back