• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways 14APR class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't think of any of the 5 PDT dudes want West. I don't know anything about the rest of the class. See you Mon.

I don't think of any of the 5 PDT dudes want West. I don't know anything about the rest of the class. See you Mon.

There are actually 2 classes starting Monday.

There is a recall class in CLT of 47 returning J4J pilots and some returning from LOA for a total class size of about 55 pilots. All these pilots will be based on the East.

There will also be a new-hire class of "off-the-street" pilots whose indoc. class I believe will be in PHX. I have no idea wether these pilots will be based East or West...

There are actually 2 classes starting Monday.

There is a recall class in CLT of 47 returning J4J pilots and some returning from LOA for a total class size of about 55 pilots. All these pilots will be based on the East.

There will also be a new-hire class of "off-the-street" pilots whose indoc. class I believe will be in PHX. I have no idea whether these pilots will be based East or West...

I heard the PHX director of training tell our indoc class that some (not a large number) West positions would be offered to the new guys, I think it was giving returning J4J guys first choice on bases (including West) but don't hold me to it.

Good luck, hopefully most will be able to get what they want too.

Update

So far I see 40, 38, 36, 34, 33.5, 33.3, 33, 32 years old.

I was told 20 in class. A trainer told someone in the previous class there would be 15 East slots and 8 West.

There's 2 36's, myself and one other. Probably a bunch of 45 yr old's that don't post here as well.

The 36 yo I counted was someone saying "some girl" is in this class who is 36. If that ain't your friend, then it is like this...

40, 38, 36 x 3, 34, 33.5, 33.3, 33.2, 33, 32 years old.

Since I want East, I am glad to continue to hear that most of the slots will be East.

I would be surprised to see many new hires that are 45 years old. This based on who I saw during my interview in PHX, the total time of those here who admit to getting hired and what I have heard.
Of course, like you say, these "more distinguished gentlemens" may not be utilizing the "internets", so we just don't know about them. ;)

The 36 yo I counted was someone saying "some girl" is in this class who is 36. If that ain't your friend, then it is like this...

40, 38, 36 x 3, 34, 33.5, 33.3, 33.2, 33, 32 years old.

Since I want East, I am glad to continue to hear that most of the slots will be East.

I would be surprised to see many new hires that are 45 years old. This based on who I saw during my interview in PHX, the total time of those here who admit to getting hired and what I have heard.
Of course, like you say, these "more distinguished gentlemens" may not be utilizing the "internets", so we just don't know about them. ;)

just out of curiosity does anyone care if a newhire is 33.2, 33.3, 33.4, or 33.5 years old? a general age breakdown is great but isn't that taking it a little too far? lol...

just out of curiosity does anyone care if a newhire is 33.2, 33.3, 33.4, or 33.5 years old? a general age breakdown is great but isn't that taking it a little too far? lol...

Not when your seniority is determined by age.

I agree it is a little silly, but based on the anxiety of more than one person I know in that class, appropriate.

I believe most openings will be where I want them, and I am going to be "mature" enough to get at 'em. Not the case for everyone.

Every PDT dude who started class was given a surprise "you work for AWA now!" This caused a great deal of personal crises for these people with infants, spouses with careers on RIGHT coast, etc.

Be glad you are not in this situation. Anyway, I can tell you that I doubt anyone who was recently parolled from PDT will regret going to US Airways.

My last day was today...Booyakasha!:beer: I will miss the Dash, most of my co-workers, and the fact that I made $183 an hour many times this year as a prop captain.:D

Every PDT dude who started class was given a surprise "you work for AWA now!" This caused a great deal of personal crises for these people with infants, spouses with careers on RIGHT coast, etc.

Just for the record we were never told that we work for AWA now. We were given a choice of two Western bases and we fall under the West contract. A contract which is much better in many cases right now. I know it is splitting hairs but your description "implies" things that are not really factual. Aside from that a big Congrats on your last day of hell at PDT Tweak!
:beer:

I know that Capt. Z, I was not being serious about the AWA thing. But that is really a distinction without difference since the groups and contracts are AWA.

See you tonight. We must get our swerve on and come up with a new nickname for you, Capt!

I will dress like my avatar and invite you to my hotel room, mmkay?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back