• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS MGMT Pilot -- Ready, Aim, Fire!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My comments were off base and mean spirited. Therefore I have removed them...

Read page 4, Number 53...

Nuff said

BBDC8

Last edited:
If the definition of a major airline is $1 billion dollars of revenue per year; but they lose $3 billion per year, are they still a major??

C'mon BBDC8--this guy was just trying to gain an insight into the company culture at UPS and figured this was a good place to get some other opinions. I'm sure he's a big boy and will make his own decision, but he may or may not know many UPS line guys to ASK about their version of the job. I'm sure the managment recruiters painted a GREAT picture for him, but he is trying to temper that with another viewpoint.

It looks to me like you are just going ahead and hating this guy early to beat the rush! That may end up being the best indicator to this pilot of what kind of environment he can expect to find if he does move into a Brown Mgt position.

fox3 said:
That's funny, coming from a REGIONAL pilot.

That's funny, coming from a CARGO pilot.:bawling:

canyonblue said:
That's funny, coming from a CARGO pilot.:bawling:

Everybody is a cargo pilot. Some cargo is just self loading..........

Last edited:
Canyon Blue--Get off of it. Could you honestly say that you would pass on FDX or Brown for SWA if you were starting out right now? This paradigm of yours that cargo airlines are somehow not majors is ridiculous.

I've learned a few things in life. One is that when everyone says the same things about something, it's probably true. Being a mgt pilot at UPS would certainly be better than being furloughed, but I bet those guys wish they could be on the line. After the "industry leading contract" gets finalized they'll wish even more.

Last edited:
BBDC8,

Chill the f*** out. If you review the original post, I was simply asking for inputs on the job. Professional inputs, not personal vendettas.

Facts:
I have not been offered the job. Only completed the first phase.

I have done my homework -- extensive to say the least. However, during the research, I never came across a tool like you.

Everyone has been professional and helpful regardless of whether line or mgmt, unlike yourself. Incapable of making a decision? Well, I've DECIDED that you name the place and time and I'll be there to dole out the appropriate response. But it's obvious you will continue to hide behind your anonymity and flame people just trying to gain further insight into a freakin' job.

Call the IPA and get the official response on non-union mgmt pilots flying during a job action. If you were educated on the matter, you would know that they cannot be classified as scabs.

One more thing BBDC8,
I've also DECIDED you are a waste of my time and everyone else here.
How's my decision making now?

I'm here waiting.

Latest resources

Back